General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELPPPP!!!!!!!!! 03 Sonata

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Default HELPPPP!!!!!!!!! 03 Sonata

I tried replacing my stock radio with another model. Everything was fine until the ground wire touched something. This happened in another car and all i needed to do was replace the radio fuse and everything was fine. Not in this car. I replaced the radio fuse, but the radio still didn't work. I then took out the new one and reinstalled the stock. Nothing worked there either. I don't know what else to do. My key fob isn't working either. the gas guage is acting weird as well. My odometer does not stay on when car is off like it used to. everything else seems to be working ok, but am afraid to drive it though because i am a single mom of a 2 year old! PLEASE HELP ME!! I don't know what It might be and can't really afford to take it to the dealer since i just spent $2,000 in repairs a month ago.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:23 PM
Default RE: HELPPPP!!!!!!!!! 03 Sonata

I replaced the radio fuse, but the radio still didn't work.
Did you simply replace the inline fuse that came with the new radio, or the master fuse feeding the radio harness that's in the fuse block under the dash on the driver's side?

Old 02-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

There are two fuses that drive the radio- one for the main amp power, Fuse 26, which is labeled AUDIO (which goes on and off with the ignition) and the other which supplies power to the radio's memory for the clock and stuff (which stays on all the time). That second fuse powers several other things as well, which is why your car is all wonky.

Fear not.

Replace Fuse24 (should be labeled "Audio, Digital clock, Instrument cluster" or something like that). That's the one that powers all those other things, too.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:00 AM

I now see on the schematic for the latest generation of the Sonata that three fuses may be involved with audio functions, #15, #21 and a 15A fuse on Power Connector 1. This has no direct bearing on shore_angle84's problem, but it does point out that some (maybe many) electrical problems on Hyundai's could likely involve multiple fuses. A person should keep looking if replacing or inspecting one fuse doesn't solve the problem.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

There is a third fuse involved on the 03 Sonata, Fuse 28, that drives the power antenna.