General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

shaking problem almost solved!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Default shaking problem almost solved!

...I've posted on here earlier about shaking problems with my car. I will run over it one more time. When the car's engine is warm it begins to shake when I am stopped at a red light, not moving. When you apply the AC the car begins to shake even more. If you place the car into Neutral the shaking STOPS!

Now, I believe that I may be closer to resolving this "well known problem with HYUNDAI'S."

My father worked in the automotive induxtry for 37 years and he called a freind of his who owns a local garage for the "honest truth" concerning this Hyundai shaking problem. Apparently this guy said that it is a transmission problem. Hence the real reasons why Hyundai does not want to be honest to hyundai owners about. Like any NORMAL transmission, when you make a stop the transmission is suppose to shift down (3,2,1, and then go into neutral.) Apparently there is a well known problem with Hyundai's not shifting all the way down to neutral. Hence the REAL REASON for the mysterious hyundai shaking problems. This could be solved by a minor adjustment or it may even involve a sensor. YEAH, another SENSOR PROBLEM WITH THESE EXPENSIVE PIECES OF JUNK.

So when I get this problem looked at, and if it gets resolved, I will comfirm it with you all on this forum. So that in the future if there are any others who experience this problem (which many hyundai owners do or eventually will) you will NOW know what the REAL problem is with it.
No, it is NOT the timing belt, it has nothing to do with burning oil and the intake, it has nothing to do with engine mounts, etc... It is a transmission problem! These Hyundai's are shaking because they are not shifting down to neutral when you slow down and make a stop.

Anybody else experiencing this problem??? Come on now, do not be afraid to say it because you know who you are! This is a well known problem with Hyundai's and nobody ever seems to get the company to admit the truth to them concerning it. Gezzz, i wonder why??? Yeah, that is just Hyundai trying to avoid another recall!

Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Default RE: shaking problem almost solved!

I've had a similar problem but i'm not sure if it's the same. I have a manual transmission & the car shakes when I'm idling (not every time..but it's happening more & more) but mine sounds like it's trying to stall. I've replaced the plugs & wires and I replaced the coils but its still happening. My check engine light is back on so I'll have to take it back in ...again. Very frusterating.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Default RE: shaking problem almost solved!

Yeah,

This problem also occurs when my car is idling as well. The problem is also getting worse as time passes by. The hotter the engine gets the more the car will shake.
Ifyour RPM's stay at about 750 (three fourths of a 1000rpm's) then you should be o.k. As long as your rpm's are not fluctuating then I would not worry about your engine stalling. You might have the same problem that is occuring to me.

Apparently now I am being told that it MIGHT be an engine mount because NOTHING ELSE could cause this shaking. But I do believe that I am getting closer to solving and fixing this problem. I have an appointment next week to get it repaired (finally) and I will make another post to let you guys know what the problem REALLY IS!
Hyundai NOW makes their their cars with "hydraulic" engine mounts. In the older models the engines mounts are made with rubber and after a while the ruuber hardens, becomes worn, break, etc... So NOW I am being told that it is an engine mount and the only way to tell is to put the car up on a lift (with the engine turned on) and to take a crowbar and push each of the engine mounts. When they psuh the RIGHT engine mount and see that the "shaking stops" then they know that it is THAT particular engine mount that needs to be fixed or changed.

Like I said, I will definitely let you know what happens. It would mean a lot to not only myself to have this problem solved but it will also mean a lot to solve this problem for a lot of other people including yourself!

Old 07-01-2019, 10:41 PM

I have been experiencing a similar issue with my 2013 Hyundai Elantra 2door. The “check engine” light has since come on. Not sure if I should continue driving the car with its current transmission problem? I think everyone with this issue in their car should come out and petition Hyundai to recall all models affected!

Old 07-01-2019, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by seabrooke
Like I said, I will definitely let you know what happens. It would mean a lot to not only myself to have this problem solved but it will also mean a lot to solve this problem for a lot of other people including yourself!
Guess so much time has passed by that he didn't get it fixed???
In his opening post, he said that the transmission shifts down from 3 to 2 to 1 and then to neutral.
Automatic transmissions do not automatically shift to neutral.

Originally Posted by Kenee
I have been experiencing a similar issue with my 2013 Hyundai Elantra 2door. The “check engine” light has since come on. Not sure if I should continue driving the car with its current transmission problem? I think everyone with this issue in their car should come out and petition Hyundai to recall all models affected!
If you have a check engine light then how about scan and read the DTC causing the light??

Old 12-15-2019, 02:14 AM
Default 2013 Hyundai Elantra shaking problem

I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and whenever I am sitting at a red light, the vehicle begins to shake like crazy. These problems need to be recalled ASAP.

Old 12-15-2019, 08:29 AM

I have news for you !
Any car can have this problem !
Let's put the blame where it belongs.
There could be SEVERAL things that can cause an engine to shake while the vehicle is stopped.
If it involves motor mounts, why is this ? It isn't because the mount is defective , most of the time the damage caused by JACK RABBIT starts ! Heavy feet on the accelerator pedal !!
Another point is , when the check engine light comes on , get the vehicle checked. That is why it comes on telling you something is wrong and not working correctly. We don't continue driving it figuring , I'll get to it someday.
Grant you , Hyundais are not the most expensive car to purchase, but they still require regular maintenance.
Now getting to the rough idle problem, there could be MANY reasons for this , and those reasons are not confined to Hyundai.
How you treat and take care of your vehicle has a big bearing on how well it will perform and how expensive it is to maintain.
Grant you some conditions should be involved in a recall, that is true.
On the other hand lack of proper maintenance and poor driving habits are not items that should be expected to be repaired by recalls.
If you are lucky these days , ..................you get what you pay for.
There is no vehicle built or sold today that does not require regular timed good maintenance , even the most expensive ones.
If I offended anyone here, I apologize, but many of the problems stated are not always the fault of the vehicle.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:16 PM

Yeah, I agree with Hanky.

Old 03-30-2020, 12:36 PM
Default Shutter issues Tucson 2009 4cil automatic

So like everyone else here I have a shutter issue. But before all the shuttering as I was driving I would get a massive buck/jolt going from 2nd to 3rd and 3rs to 4th. After a while it would buck and stay in 3rd as a safety measures. Engine light would come on as well.
​​​​​​ Code reads P0700, Trans Control System. CHecked into it and seems to be trans sensor issue... Replaced them my self, both sensors input output and speed. When I replaced the speed input I got another error saying it wasn't reading right so I put the old one back in. Started up and ran well around the block shifted beautifully.
I kept an eye on it everyday turning it over and checking rpms and such, everything seemed fine. Went out on a rainy day and started it up and started getting a harsh Shutter to the engine and rpm would run super low and eventually the car would die out. Wouldn't start up with out shuttering again.
​​​Got another code recently P0732, 2nd gear incorrect ratio. I don't know what's going on with this car.
im going to check the sensors again and see if everything is connected and clean. But other then that I'm not sure what else to look at....
Anyone got suggestions I'd be happy to listen.

Old 07-31-2020, 10:24 PM

I have a 2016 Hyundai elantra value edition. I've been having the same issue and tonight my engine light has come on after a long day of work and catching a quick bite to eat. Everyones been telling me to check the motor mounts too. I'm completely freaking out right now and praying my car starts in the morning.

I've also been experiencing electrical issues where my lights get really dim for a second then really bright and then back to normal. My uncle told me that's usually a sign of transmission issues, but could possibly be electrical. Its frustrating because I'm so close to paying this car off and doing everything I can to maintain it and now this.

Quick Reply: shaking problem almost solved!