General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

shaking problem almost solved!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 07:40 PM

How would you feel if you received an answer , sure, OK to drive and damage occurred?
When you ask that kind of question and it is something we KNOW for sure will not incur damage ok, but some of us do have a conscience and without actually looking at the vehicle ,we are guessing and that doesn't go over too well. This is a fine place for some answers, but there is no substitute for actually checking in person,especially if the problem is intermittent.
Are you following the recommended maintenance schedule in your owner's manual? Most of the time when scheduled maintenance is followed, the shop will notice or spot a potential problem and you will have time to have it tended to or save some $$ to have it handled. Waiting to the last minute can get expensive, hope you understand, thanks.

Old 05-23-2023, 10:11 AM

I have a 2015 Santa Fe Sport with the 2.4 and have been having the shuttering issue when stopped for about a year now. I have had it into the Hyundai dealer a couple of times now and they always tell me they cannot find anything wrong with it. It does not seem to have a misfire or any shuttering except when stopped. As the engine/system gets warmer and the weather gets warmer, it is more pronounced. I too seem to think it has something to do with the transmission or torque converter but I don't know enough about cars to know what to do next. I just want it fixed! What do I do or where do I go if my Hyundai dealer can't even find anything wrong with it?

Old 05-23-2023, 05:08 PM

Have you considered a good transmission shop?
You may need to pay a small diagnostic cost, but they should be able to tell you if it is trans related.

Old 09-06-2023, 04:21 PM

Hi All,

Ran into this issue and ended up in this thread. We have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and while driving yesterday the car presented with engine light on, significant rattling/shaking, and would not accelerate past a certain point. We stopped at the side of the road and had it towed to a local shop, not knowing what was happening and not wanting to risk exacerbating the issue or ending up in an accident. The shop diagnosed it as an issue with the spark plugs and ignition coil. Replacing them resolved the issue.

The error code was P0303 Cylinder #3 Misfire.

Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited by MilsomB; 09-07-2023 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-21-2024, 08:23 AM
Default what the issue resolved by replacing the engine mount? I having the same problem,

Hello,

I have a I20, 2011 with the same problem, replaced the crank sensor, 3 times cleaned all the sensors , MAF, THROTTLE, 2x CAM, replaced the plugs and added a cleaning additive for the engine and still stalls randomly( but seems to be happening less) maybe because of the cool weather. iI noticed that it related to the AC been turned on after a while, Maybe the ACC has a problem engaging, hard to tell.
I did noticed that the left engine mount, the one that is most visible, when accelerating then the pin in the middle of the mount seems to move, though of changing it to take care of the shaking.
Did you replace the it , did it solve the shaking?

Thanks

Originally Posted by seabrooke
...I've posted on here earlier about shaking problems with my car. I will run over it one more time. When the car's engine is warm it begins to shake when I am stopped at a red light, not moving. When you apply the AC the car begins to shake even more. If you place the car into Neutral the shaking STOPS!

Now, I believe that I may be closer to resolving this "well known problem with HYUNDAI'S."

My father worked in the automotive induxtry for 37 years and he called a freind of his who owns a local garage for the "honest truth" concerning this Hyundai shaking problem. Apparently this guy said that it is a transmission problem. Hence the real reasons why Hyundai does not want to be honest to hyundai owners about. Like any NORMAL transmission, when you make a stop the transmission is suppose to shift down (3,2,1, and then go into neutral.) Apparently there is a well known problem with Hyundai's not shifting all the way down to neutral. Hence the REAL REASON for the mysterious hyundai shaking problems. This could be solved by a minor adjustment or it may even involve a sensor. YEAH, another SENSOR PROBLEM WITH THESE EXPENSIVE PIECES OF JUNK.

So when I get this problem looked at, and if it gets resolved, I will comfirm it with you all on this forum. So that in the future if there are any others who experience this problem (which many hyundai owners do or eventually will) you will NOW know what the REAL problem is with it.
No, it is NOT the timing belt, it has nothing to do with burning oil and the intake, it has nothing to do with engine mounts, etc... It is a transmission problem! These Hyundai's are shaking because they are not shifting down to neutral when you slow down and make a stop.

Anybody else experiencing this problem??? Come on now, do not be afraid to say it because you know who you are! This is a well known problem with Hyundai's and nobody ever seems to get the company to admit the truth to them concerning it. Gezzz, i wonder why??? Yeah, that is just Hyundai trying to avoid another recall!

Old 05-20-2024, 02:15 PM
Default Hyundai sonata 2013 shaking while idle or stop on traffic light

I have hyundai sonata 2013 model. Engine 2.0. Initially it has problem with power, engine switch off on low speed and startin problems and some time it started shaking while stop light or on reverse gear while parking..and when turn on ac it shake terrible. And when ac switch off and car is neutral no shaking just minor vibration.

i had went to many workshops and checked replaced 4 plugs and all 4 coils but problems still exist. On computer scan it showed only oxygen sensor located at back of engine. I replaced it but still car shaking problem didn't go.. then i reach tried with computer scans and complete electrical checks but everything was ok. And finally they found out problems in engine timing chain system & tensioner located at left of engine . So mechanic replaced repaired it and Most of hyundai 2013 have this problem so commonly and most of time same reason of engine timing. I have spent almost 2000 USD to repair it with lot struggling and stressing myself. I hope this would be helpful
but my car still have same issue i have replaced ac compressor + condenser as well not it seems still its shaking belongs to shafts axles. Need to check on that.. will update you next i am working on my car. Tired of this car .. 😌

Last edited by Jatt23; 05-24-2024 at 11:50 AM. Reason: New update