Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2012AccentGS

UPDATE
Went and checked out the HB.... It's a lot less rear view than the sedan but it doesn't seem too much less to me. Maybe cause I'm tall? Anyway, I test drove that one too but it was an auto and still felt slow to me, though taking it out of ECO mode did help a lot, and useing the manual shift mode was even better. So I told them email me when you get the manual SE that they told me was coming in and I'll check it out.

That will also give me some time to fix a couple things on the car I have now.
i have the hatch gs and i feel the visibility is fine. to me the car has better pull at lower rpms than the fit, fiesta, etc....but....138 hp in a 2500lb car is still a slow car. for the subcompact class i LOVE how this car is geared (i have the manual). its at 2750 rpm's at 70 mph, which i think is just right for relaxed cruising. most manual in smaller cars are at 3000+ at that speed.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:55 PM

I live in Arkansas and I bought my hatchback SE a week ago at $360 a month zero down with sales tax paid.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:30 PM

Im not complaining about the car being slow, I meant the shifts seem to not know what to do and is kinda slow picking a gear. BUT I'm driving a supercharged Grand Prix so it's hard to compare, you know? If I was driving a small 4cyl car it might not be such a huge difference to me.

The visability is ok to me. It's wierd at first (kinda like looking back threw a dark tunnel LOL) but I got used to it and I only drove it about 7 miles.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:21 AM

The MPG computer is not accurate. It is regularly 2 mpg off when calculating the MPG manually. So the MPG is not as "stellar" as I described it when the car was new. The jury is still out.

...On the guy wanting to put a "short stack" air filter mod on his car. Don't do it. It will do NOTHING for your car. But it will do alot to hurt it. Aftermarket filters do a very poor job at filtering the air. They make the engine growl under accelleration. Maybe you want that, but its ridiculous on a car like this. I didn't notice if we have an air flow meter on our 2012's, but an air flow meter is made vulnerable by contamination that gets past a "high flow" air filter element. The dirt sticks to its sensing element and makes it inaccuarate which affects fuel economy, or worse. Dirt also causes premature engine wear. In addition, you'll be spending $75 or more for nothing. It will give you exactly ZERO extra power (as long as you keep a clean element in the stock filter housing.)

...good lord I forgot to mention.
The vast majority of the "Cold Air" "Intake" kits that are similar to the short ram you mentioned are actually what an automotive engineer would call a "Hot Air" kit. They usually draw in hot underhood air. Ironically they replace the original air box and inlet tubing which is actually a real cold air intake.
This "hot air induction" of a cheap aftermarket "intake" kit causes problems of its own.
Our engines have VERY high compression and are tuned to use cheap low octane gas. By forcing them to breath hot air, you're just looking for trouble.
If I were a judge presiding on a warranty claim case over a damaged engine, and that engine had one of these kits on it, that would be reason enough to rule in Hyundai's favor.
Its an economy car. Just drive it and enjoy the great mileage.

Last edited by NovaResource; 07-25-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Merged posts
Old 07-25-2011, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by 2012accent
The MPG computer is not accurate. It is regularly 2 mpg off when calculating the MPG manually. So the MPG is not as "stellar" as I described it when the car was new. The jury is still out.
my first tank yielded 41.7 actual mpg's (75% hwy/15% suburban/10% city....gs manual transmission, alot of AC use). the computer stated 42.9, so it was 1.2 mpg's optimistic. more accurate than many trip computers ive seen in other cars.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2012accent
I've owned 3 Hyundai/Kias with the MPG computer and all three have been very accurate. While there have been some individual tankfulls that have off by as much as 2 MPG it is usually within 0.5 MPG or less. And overall for the life of the car they have been within 0.2 MPG. I'd say that's very accurate.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:02 PM

Is there a spare tire?

I was thinking back to the other day and don't think I seen one in the trunk...

Old 07-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2012AccentGS
Is there a spare tire?

I was thinking back to the other day and don't think I seen one in the trunk...
Have you read your owners manual?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:43 PM

Kinda hard to read the owners manual if I don't own one yet. LOL

Just thinking I didn't see one.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, you can read the owners manual before you own one:
Hyundai Service Website Click on OM (Owners Manual)

I don't believe they do have a spare. Most new Hyundais now use a type of Fix-A-Flat instead of a spare tire and jack. You can purchase a spare and jack optionally.

Last edited by NovaResource; 07-25-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???