Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:42 PM

I love my new 12' accent GLS.

Now I have a couple of questions that I cant find the answers to.

Are the keys chipped?

I was asking a local installer a quote on installing an alarm, to make a long story short I wanted remote starting and was told that I would lose a key because of the car immobilizer, they would need to put a key in the device that by-passes the immobilizer when you use remote start - since keys are chipped

I contacted my dealership to get the cost on an extra key, and he said they can provide one for 25$ or I can buy a blank after-market one and get my key copied for cheaper at a lock smith. - so wait, they key is not chipped?

I am also looking to get a Keyport Slide key solution; however they only list up to 2011 models and don't know if my car key is compatible.

Its after closing time for the dealership & Keyport, anyone know off hand, I tried using search but couldn't find the answer.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:28 PM

I'm helping a friend shop for a car and she really likes one we saw, a GLS in Cyclone grey; automatic without the preferred package. Question for someone with a GLS base without the package; I notice that there is no driver power lock button. Does the lock switch at the door handle lock and unlock all doors?

Old 08-18-2011, 01:05 PM

I have the GLS and no preferred package. With mine when I unlock the door with the key all the doors unlock. When I lock the drivers door, all the doors lock. Hope that helps

Old 08-19-2011, 01:30 AM

...speaking of keys...
Does anyone know a way to do away with the 2-piece key and fob? I have a GLS with keyless entry and the fob is separate from the key. The two are connected by a piece of leather with a rivet. Its kind of a bulky setup. Is there a way to convert to a key that has the power door locks built into the key?

Old 08-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

You could try this:

Basically you pry open your OEM key fob and remove the circuit board inside and place it inside this folding key. Then you have the folding key cut to match your original key. Go to ebay and search for "Accent Folding Key" or "Accent Flip Key"

Old 08-20-2011, 02:50 AM

Excellent link! Now, if I could only find one like that that you could add a house key to...
I know I want my cake and eat it too.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:40 PM

All your keys in one device, they also have USB, Bottle Opener, and LED light inserts.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???-keyport-slide-2.jpg  
Old 08-21-2011, 09:15 AM

I'm a little bummed that I got the Accent without the upgrade package. The only thing that really bothers me is the entry key and lock system. There is NO button in the car to lock/unlock the doors. I have push the actual lock on the door. There is NO button on the key to lock/unlock the doors. I have to manually put the key in the lock on the door. Big bummer.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:52 AM

I have about 5200 miles on mine as of today and am getting a consistent 39 mpg, hand calculated. My mileage computer is off 1-1.2mpg at any given time and I've noticed my speedometer is off about 1-2mph at 55-65 mph. I think the ecm is programmed for the optional 16" wheel/tire combo instead of my 14" steelies.

I have confused the stereo several times by using a usb drive to play music from. If you switch songs too fast you can freeze it up.

I get a very slight metallic noise every once in a great while when sitting at a red light, I think its the variable cam timing actuators but I'm not sure. My wife says she cant hear it but I can.

The radio screen is waaaaay to bright at night. I wish when you turn the screen off and you make a change to the stereo that the screen went back to off after a few seconds.

My car seems "jumpy" when you accelerate. I have the 6-speed trans but the jumpiness happens when you accelerate when fully in gear. Almost like the variable cam timing isn't working correctly and I'm thinking my metallic noise might be related.

Car takes off like a rocket after 4500 rpm, uses as much fuel as a rocket too at that rpm. I can get the mpgs to drop to 5 if I use all of the rpm range when merging into traffic at WOT.

I must say, I was an Audi enthusiast before I purchased this car. I still own one Audi and I love this Accent. It's very well appointed for a sub-15k car.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:35 AM

Just picked up our Accent GS last night! Black/black, in need of tint. We traded in a V6 Passat, I won't miss the lousy gas mileage!

Quick Reply: 2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???