Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:08 PM

You'll love the mpg with the Accent.
I'm getting 41-42 mpg.....

Old 08-25-2011, 01:46 AM

Here's some responses;

Nova,
I love the flip key you mentioned. Its the perfect solution, but I still have a house key I'd like to "hide."

P. Beretta,
The fob you mentioned doesn't have the ability to integrate the keyless entry buttons does it?

eightrac,
My mpg computer is 2 mpg off too. And the speedometer is off by what I've figured to be 1 mph, but the "average speed computer" thinks its 3 mph off. I can set the cruise on 60 and reset the "average speed" computer and it will always say I'm going 57mph even though the needle constantly points to 60. It will continue to do this over a distance of many miles. I'm losing confidence in anything the instrument panel computer is telling me. I don't think yours is miscalibrated. They're just not accurate. Also the overall mileage I'm getting is ALOT less spectacular than I believed at first. In addition, I have to watch my fuel guage closely because when it indicated you're out of gas, you are definitely out of gas. No lee-way. Dont ask me how I know, but the absolute maximum useable fuel in my car is precisely 10.3 gallons. This does not match the specifications in the owner's manual that indicated the car has a fuel capacity of over 11 gallons. Not so!
As for the variable valve timing, I have not noticed any unusual noises from the engine, but I DO get those sudden "rocket" sensations" now and then. But they're inconsistent. I feel them anywhere from 4500-6500 rpm. Our cars have variable valve timing AND a variable length intake manifold controlled by means of a door-like flap. I guess the feelings could come from the flap or from the VVT or both. Who knows, but I feel the surge of power you mentioned too.

PS
How are you guys driving your cars to get the real-world calculaed mileages you've mentioned? I've learned that the way the car is driven DRAMATICALLY affects the mpg.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2012accent
I've learned that the way the car is driven DRAMATICALLY affects the mpg.
Quoted for truth.

Those complaining that the Accent doesn't get the advertised mileage are not driving in a fuel efficient manner. If I can get 25+ mpg in a 2006 Tucson with a 2.7L V6 and heavy 18" wheels, you should be able to get 35-40 mpg in a small, lightweight Accent with a 1.8L 4-cylinder.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:48 PM

I just bought a Boston Red SE a few weeks back, got about 9xx miles on it now. I love it, drive it in manual mode almost all the time.

Now that I've put more than 600 miles on it I like to take it into the mountains outside of Vegas where I live and do some "spirited" driving. Even with max a/c and manual mode with the R's between 4-7k my mpg avg still reads 28.5-31.1
The car is a blast but I've come to realize "ultra low rolling resistance" translates into the back end wanting to slide a bit.

The lockup torque converter takes a bit to get used to, and being light with a large side profile it gets tossed around a bit in the wind. I cant wait til spring in the valle

y where winds commonly exceed 40 mph. >_>

I hope some companies like Sequence or the like make a front lip for it because my gf scraped mine up some on her first drive of it, oh well.

Anyone out there looking for a B segment car cant go wrong with this Accent.

Anybody know what the et is for the stock wheel, I've googled it but I didnt find anything useful. Once some springs get made for it I plan on inching up on some wheels, lowering it a bit and stretching.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Default Lemme introduce myself

Hey everyone! I just bought the 2012 Hyundai Accent SE in Boston Red, its fully loaded with everything. With tags/title/license/dealer processing fee/tax it came to about $18,000. Now by no means was I EVER a Hyundai enthusiast, I used laugh at these cars! Well, until I did until I stumbled upon the Hyundai website, and first saw the redesigned 2012!

Just some background info, I live in Maryland in the outskirts of Baltimore. So Hurricane Irene, and a tree trunk unleashed her wrath onto my parked Laser Red Audi A4 Quattro. I loved my beloved Audi, but she was expensive to maintain when she wanted to act up. On these German cars, dumb things break. And when they do, its very very pricey! German engineering is sexy, but expensive! They hold their value too, but the frame damage from the tree trunk, on my '97 Quattro, trumped the fact that she was a beautiful car. Totalled.

Anyways, I found myself looking around for a car. Online, and at dealerships. I was looking for used cars comparable to my Audi. A long list of must have features kept my options narrow. Musts:
-AWD
-Manual Transmission <<<nothing compares to the feeling of a clutch and stick
-V6 <<or if its a 4 banger, it better have a turbo!
-Look sexy or sporty
-Interior Look comparable to my Audi (wood grain, leather, upscale materials)...basically unsubstantial plastiky interiors were a nono

See all the above? And my price range was up to $10,000. Needless to say it was nearly impossible to find something . If I did, it was high mileage, and was most likely gonna give me issues. I found plenty of A4 Quattro's, Outbacks, Muranos, Passats, GTI's, but they ALL had one thing in common: High Mileage, odometers that went past their warranties, and "Issues". They were all comparable to Sexy Women in mid 30's, that still had their good looks, but had to really work to maintain themselves. The lucky guys, got with them, when they were brand new, and popped their cherry's and broke them in, and I'm left with the leftovers....and possibly a future of paying for their long overdue bills....uhhhh em wait, were talking about cars...maintenance.

I decided to open up my mind. I researched who had the BEST warranties on new cars. Hyundai and Kia simply CANNOT be beat!

Thats when I met my new love, the 2012 Accent SE, in Boston Red. Her ride isn't as sporty and spirited as a well tuned import. Her acceleration isn't as brisk as a refined German V6, and her looks won't make other guys drool and say "Damn I wish I had HER!". However, her ride is honest and precise. She will go places with you without demanding you pay a huge bill <<<like at gas pumps, and she still looks cute, and even a little sexy!

I guess I switched over from liking super sexy drama queens, with fast lives, attitude, and high maintenance. To a younger, smarter, kinda quirky but cute chick, that will always be there for me (warranty), and says what she means!

I love my new Accent. Although passerby's won't jerk their heads and say, "dammmnnnn thats nice!", they will still say "damn, who's that? She's new!"

Sorry for the rant, and thanks for welcoming me into this community! I shall go remove myself from the Audizine forum to make it official!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome and welcome to the forum. Did you get a 4-door or a 5-door hatch?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
Awesome and welcome to the forum. Did you get a 4-door or a 5-door hatch?
The 5 door hatch. I liked the sporty look of it! How can I upload a picture? Either into a gallery or my avatar???

Old 09-10-2011, 08:12 PM

My only gripe about the car is when driving in the rain, the water hitting the wheel well is LOUD and louder when going through puddles. My 96 Sentra was hardly as loud. It's just an annoying problem. Maybe put some foam behind the wheel well.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:24 AM

Hey guys, I just picked up a black, SE 6spd manual today! $16k out the door fully loaded, floormats, carpets, even came with an Ipod cable (which wasnt listed on the window sticker, but I found it in the console when I got home... shhhh... ). The Bluetooth works amazingly, I can put my phone in my pocket or in the console with Pandora running and play through the stereo no issues. In-car calling is awesome.

2 complaints so far: Screen is too bright at night, speakers are kinda weak, you can turn everything to sound 'decent' at maybe 1/3rd volume, but as soon as you go past half you lose all depth. I recommend keeping Power Bass on LOW or OFF.

I've already got 175 miles on it, trying to take it "easy" and get the most out of my investment.

I'm thinking after the initial 600 miles that I'm going to simply drain the oil and throw some new in. Leave the filter in for now... my main concern is the particulates and metal filings that are already accumulating in the oil. I can't see driving 3750 miles before the first service with those contaminates in there... call me crazy.

I traded a 94' Chrysler New Yorker for it... 22mpg to 37-40mpg avg means after 5 years, the car will have practically paid for itself in gas savings alone. (I put an average of 20,000-30,000 miles a year on a car.)

I took delivery this morning with 4 miles... the dealer didn't mention any 'special' break in method... so I kinda womped it down the highway for 50 miles, when I got to work and had some time to read the owners manual... I nearly died. Needless to say, she's going to be babied for another few weeks. At least I didn't redline it... or keep at one RPM for super long.... but I was definitely going over the "2000-4000rpm" limit.

So here she is. Planned mods include KnN filter, non "economy" all seasons, and peeling "accent" of the deck lid.

I will say in short: this is BY FAR the best car I've ever owned, and not just because it's 'new'... my dad has a 01' Accent 3 door, 1.5L 5 spd, and my mom has an 03' Mazda 3, 2.3L auto... this car bridges the gap between the two perfectly... I'd say it's even quicker, and more composed than the Mazda 3. What's REALLY nice is that my last 2 cars were "luxury"... a Park Ave and the New Yorker... and the quality of the chrome, black, and aluminum accents in the Accent make me feel like I'm driving a car that should've cost me double what I got it for. Especially when compared to a cheaply built Camaro SS (which dashboard has NO fit and finish), or the Ford Fiesta (which feels like you're in a plastic toy).

Last edited by Danny955i; 09-23-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

There really is no break-in procedure these days. I subscribe to the idea that you break in the car the way you expect to drive it normally. If you plan to drive like a grandma, break it in driving like a grandma. If you plan to drive it hard, break it in driving it hard. I did that with my Tiburon GT and never had a problem with it.

Same for the 600 mile oil change. No need to do that. Modern engines and modern oil filtration makes it a waste of money. Especially since you probably do a lot of highway driving (it's hard to do 20-30k miles a year in the city unless you are a taxi). My first oil change is at 2,500 with regular oil. The second change is at 5,000 miles and that's when I switch to synthetic. I then do oil changes every 5,000 mile with synthetic.

Best of luck with it and welcome to the forum.

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-23-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???