Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 11:10 AM

Thanks man! I actually just talked to the hyundai mechanic today and he said exactly what you did. So, rather than worry, I'm just going to drive the stink out of it AFTER the 600 miles. Its probably Hyundais way of getting people acclimated to the car rather than preventing damage. Haha.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Default 2012

Just picked it up last Saturday, got the windows done today, grab some new wheels in the spring and she's golden. Nice car, very happy, traded in a Tucson with the v6, so not so grumpy going to the gas station.2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???-zippy2.jpg

Old 09-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Default Problems with the car

Is anyone having problems with a harsh ride in the front? Since the day I took delivery I've noticed that the front suspension, particularly the right front sounds loose and harsh. Its almost like the strut is loose or has play in it. When going over a series of bumps in the road I hear and feel slop in the suspension. The right side front makes alot more noise than the left. I had the car on a rack and pushed up on the wheel while watching the strut mount. The left side seems to have a 1/4 inch of free travel and the right side has nearly an inch. I'm not sure what I'm seeing, but the wheel and suspension can be moved up a little before the spring takes the load or whatever.
The car sounds like a 250,000 mi. car with busted struts or something.

Opinions? Help!

Old 09-28-2011, 10:45 AM

If you heard it since delivery I would have taken it right back, and not bothered trying to figure it out, sounds maybe like a sway bar link to me. But take it back to the dealer, thats what warranty is for. As for mine, its as tight as baywatch bathing suit on Pamela Anderson. Handles very well, even with the crap 14" low friction tires, mind you I don't drive like a 16yr old anymore, but still faster and more aggressive than grandma.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:47 PM

Just picked it up last night and I absolutely love it so far! It definitely seems better built and it rides like a car much more expensive than it is. Very nice car! I never thought I'd be saying that about a Hyundai but they have really stepped up their game.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:53 AM

My 2012 automatic rides great. Getting about 33 average mileage, which I hope improves.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Wink For years, Hyundai's been good!

Originally Posted by Catdaddy74
It definitely seems better built and it rides like a car much more expensive than it is. Very nice car! I never thought I'd be saying that about a Hyundai but they have really stepped up their game. [/IMG]
The people surprised that Hyundai's are good, have been listening over long to all the other auto makers. My wife's 2008(2006-2010 series) Hyundai Accent is wonderful, without one squeak, creak or rattle in 52,000 miles. Its only had a couple easy electronic resets. I've taken it on some mountain tours, obtaining 42-45MPG while negotiating 1400 to 5500 foot mountain passes from sea level. In early 2009, several auto dealers were selling Accents for $8500 & one auto dealer was selling two of them for $14,000! I could NOT find anyone who would go in with me to buy two Accents.

Yeah, now that Hyundai has good looking cars, people are excited. Too bad they didn't get excited when Hyundai Accents were a super deal.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by litesong
The people surprised that Hyundai's are good, have been listening over long to all the other auto makers. My wife's 2008(2006-2010 series) Hyundai Accent is wonderful, without one squeak, creak or rattle in 52,000 miles. Its only had a couple easy electronic resets. I've taken it on some mountain tours, obtaining 42-45MPG while negotiating 1400 to 5500 foot mountain passes from sea level. In early 2009, several auto dealers were selling Accents for $8500 & one auto dealer was selling two of them for $14,000! I could NOT find anyone who would go in with me to buy two Accents.

Yeah, now that Hyundai has good looking cars, people are excited. Too bad they didn't get excited when Hyundai Accents were a super deal.
I think the important thing is that people are noticing them now. Sorry if I'm a little late to the table. You win the prize for knowing about it sooner than everyone else!

Old 10-28-2011, 10:34 PM

been averaging 37.5mpg now with some aggressive driving thrown in. getting used to the shift tronic in my automatic - no longer waiting for the car to downshift for me when i step on the gas. I just do both at the same time now .

Now, I'm into detailing both inside and out as well as the engine compartment. So far, I've waxed it once. My car is black and combine the Florida weather and love bugs, I will have to be diligent with my washing if I want this coat to last me for 7+ years :P

What sucks is that I commute and I opened up the hood and I see sand (not sandy) spread out everywhere as if the car is over a year old! BTW, I'm over 7k miles now on the odometer.

Speaking of which.... is my warranty still valid if I do my own oil changes?

Old 10-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Default 2012 Accent

Mine runs quietly, able power, and nice handling, I'm happy with that. However, I'm averaging only between 32.5 - 33 driven easily and non-aggressively, and with little city driving. Is this to be expected? Anything I can do? Otherwise the car is great but I'm disappointed with the mileage.
Thanks, Davidg

Quick Reply: 2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???