Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 PM

Thanks for the reply Nova,
I know it would be difficult for the MPG computer to be 100% accurate, but ironically it is almost alway about 1.8-2 MPG off. Consistant but not accurate anyway...
I had the CRX in the year 2000. I'm pretty sure the gas in my area was mainly gasohol by then. I do remember consistant 38 MPG from that car on long highway trips @ 75-80 mph. I distinctly remember one trip @ 42MPG. It was odd because I almost always got 38 MPG.
You're right about gasohol getting worse mileage.

mrmr256,
It was 2008 when the EPA changed the mileage ratings. In my experiences, the old ratings were spot-on with vehicles with large engines, but economy cars could out-do the ratings.
The EPA ratings are easier now for cars to actually equal. Thats why I'm confused about my new Accent and its reluctance to meet the 30/40 rating in the real world.
That being said, the car WILL get well over 40 MPG if I make a conscious effort to drive with a light foot and keep the speeds down. But I'm the kind of person that would rather not be bothered. All my old economy cars would out-do the old higher MPG ratings without any special technique and also at rather high speeds.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Default mileage

Hi,

I'm reporting my mileage again, if you all don't mind.
I've gone to the "Fuelly" site and averaging the mileage there of 10 2012 Accent owners comes to 32.5, while I'm getting about 32.6.
I drive very conservatively, with about 20% open highway, 10% in town, and 70% rural, that is with about 1 stop sign per mile. I see that some posters clain 38 mpg. Given the above, that I do much less "city" than other driving I don't understand why I'm not getting at least 35. (35 would be average if I did half city, half highway, no?) Curiously, I seem to be getting a little less as I go along. (2800 miles now).
My previous car was a 1994 Geo Prism, (197,000 miles), that averaged 28+, thus my disappointment with the Accent.
Everything else is fine, indeed it's so quiet I can often not hear the engine. I appreciate your contributions.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Default 2012 mileage

Hi,

Gassed up last night....272 miles about 80% rural, 10% city, 10% highway. So 272 miles / 8.6 gallons come to 31.6.

I'm a conservative driver, with very little real city driving.
I'm going to check my tires next as this is very disappointing. Any suggestions, comments, etc. are welcome. Thank you.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Default dash kit

any one found dash kit or wiring harness for 2012 accent

Old 11-20-2011, 01:13 PM
fds

Hi,

I just want to share my Black Hyundai Accent from the Philippines. I hope I'm welcome here.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Nice!

Old 11-21-2011, 09:19 AM

Of course, your participation is welcome, your contributions are appreciated.
Wow, you've souped it up.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Default Similar fuel economy concerns

I've only put 100 miles on my brand new SE, so perhaps the car and/or computer needs more breaking in, and needs more *data*. Long story short, I'm only averaging 30mpg according to the computer. I'm not quite halfway through my first tank, but the next time I fill up I will begin doing my own 'pencil and paper' calculations.
I do drive probably 80% city, living in Los Angeles we often deliberately avoid freeways. I'd say about a quarter of my total driving so far has occurred in some level of traffic congestion. Yet in conceding all this, given that I have actually been intentionally driving like a grandma (coasting to stops, RARELY going above 2k rpms when building speed), and given that the EPA estimates are supposed to be less optimistic than they used to be (based on "average" driving behavior), I feel like I should be getting at least in the early/mid-30s for fuel efficiency, not right on that 30.1 mpg line.

BTW, fds, black rims on a black Accent = NiiiCE! Looks like a $40,000 car

Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 PM

Hi,

The fuel economy thing concerns me. I drive mostly in a rural environment with stops no less than 1 mile apart. (the nearest traffic light is 5 miles away). My average is abut 32.6. I've been told that stopping 1x per mile is nearer to city than to highway. Even so, if I'm getting 32 unedr these conditions, it seems that I'd be be around 25 mpg with real city driving. I too drive very conservatively, coast up to lights etc.
I've looked into a site caled "Fuely", check it out. The average 2012 Accent mpg is getting just that 32.6 My previous car, a 1994 Geo Prizm, with 198,000 miles averaged 28.6 under the same conditions. As I've said, I like everything else about the car but the 30/40 advertised is misleading. Can anyone inform me, or speak with expertise about this?

Old 11-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Marathon Blue SE
I've only put 100 miles on my brand new SE, so perhaps the car and/or computer needs more breaking in, and needs more *data*. Long story short, I'm only averaging 30mpg according to the computer. I'm not quite halfway through my first tank, but the next time I fill up I will begin doing my own 'pencil and paper' calculations.
I do drive probably 80% city, living in Los Angeles we often deliberately avoid freeways. I'd say about a quarter of my total driving so far has occurred in some level of traffic congestion. Yet in conceding all this, given that I have actually been intentionally driving like a grandma (coasting to stops, RARELY going above 2k rpms when building speed), and given that the EPA estimates are supposed to be less optimistic than they used to be (based on "average" driving behavior), I feel like I should be getting at least in the early/mid-30s for fuel efficiency, not right on that 30.1 mpg line.
Originally Posted by DAVIDG
Hi,

The fuel economy thing concerns me. I drive mostly in a rural environment with stops no less than 1 mile apart. (the nearest traffic light is 5 miles away). My average is abut 32.6. I've been told that stopping 1x per mile is nearer to city than to highway. Even so, if I'm getting 32 unedr these conditions, it seems that I'd be be around 25 mpg with real city driving. I too drive very conservatively, coast up to lights etc.
I've looked into a site caled "Fuely", check it out. The average 2012 Accent mpg is getting just that 32.6 My previous car, a 1994 Geo Prizm, with 198,000 miles averaged 28.6 under the same conditions. As I've said, I like everything else about the car but the 30/40 advertised is misleading. Can anyone inform me, or speak with expertise about this?
You are both doing mostly city driving and you are getting inbetween the 30 city / 40 highway ratings. Both sound normal to me.

Quick Reply: 2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???