Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:24 PM

So I just drove my new Accent home from the dealer. I hadn't test driven this one (it was in the showroom) but test drove several others. It might just be my imagination but this one seems to have more steering issues. Maybe I just didn't take the test drive vehicles up to 80 (I thought I did though) (maybe it's road surface dependent?). When I'm going 75 or 80 sometimes the car just lurches to the side and I have to make quick corrections quite often. Is this normal? I know this was mentioned before, and people said it's just the electronic steering. I guess there's no fix?
I have the 2012 Sedan and have no issues with the car having steering issues. It has the same electronic steering system as everyone else so not sure if that's the issue.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:52 PM

go 80 and let go of the wheel, it doesn't wander? i guess it could only be an issue on some cars. maybe i should take a random one for a test drive and see if i can reproduce it

Old 06-29-2011, 03:58 PM

I have the "wander" too. Its not too much of an issue for me and I guess its just part of this models quirks.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the input. I'm gonna figure this thing out with your guys help.

Nova,

Could you reword how to keep the recirc on? Are you saying can't use "Max AC" and get the recirc to stay on?
Also, the problem I mentioned is NOT the torque converter locking/unlocking. It is a noticeable downshift into a lower gear. I've checked this by pushing the shifter into sport mode and noticing the gear indicated. The transmission downshifts prematurely and you get slight engine braking.

Kazaa,

I drove my car last night for long distances on straight, curvy, and undulating interstate and I took notice of the steering since you mentioned the problem you've seen and I must say that on my car, the steering is ROCK SOLID steady and straight and turns precisely at the 75 mph cruise speeds I was driving. I'm gonna do some 80 and 85 mph tests for you the next time I'm on the interstate.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 2012accent
Could you reword how to keep the recirc on? Are you saying can't use "Max AC" and get the recirc to stay on?
You said you were using MAX A/C. All that does is turn on the A/C and selects recirc. When you turn MAX A/C off it automatically turns off the A/C and the recirc. That is all MAX A/C does. Turns on both and turns off both.

Instead of selecting MAC A/C, press the A/C button and then press the recirc button. When you turn off the A/C by pressing the A/C button again the recirc will stay on.

Also, the problem I mentioned is NOT the torque converter locking/unlocking. It is a noticeable downshift into a lower gear. I've checked this by pushing the shifter into sport mode and noticing the gear indicated. The transmission downshifts prematurely and you get slight engine braking.
Then you are just slowing down too far for it to stay in 6th gear. The more gears you have, the more it will up and down shift. Normal operation.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:19 PM

Kazaa,

I drove my car last night for long distances on straight, curvy, and undulating interstate and I took notice of the steering since you mentioned the problem you've seen and I must say that on my car, the steering is ROCK SOLID steady and straight and turns precisely at the 75 mph cruise speeds I was driving. I'm gonna do some 80 and 85 mph tests for you the next time I'm on the interstate.
Yea I'm worried because I didn't test drive this exact car before buying it, I figured they were all the same! Kind of pissed now, perhaps some of them have this issue. I bet the techs will have no idea how to correct it though.

UPDATE: drove some more... issue seems to be gone... maybe it depends on the road/wind/other cars? Well as long as it stays gone I'm happy

And about the A/C... mine is completely different lol. I cannot turn OFF recirc. Which is fine with me... whatever! lol

Last edited by kazza2ud; 06-29-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:52 PM

Kazza,
I drove mine at 80-85 mph today on the interstate and the car seemed to track good and straight.
About the AC... you say you cant turn it off of recirc? I think thats normal if you have it set on "Max AC." The problem I have when I turn the ac off, then it automatically goes from recirc to fresh air. Does yours automatically go to fresh air when you turn the AC off by turning the fan control all the way down?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:37 AM

No the air recirc stays on, even if I try to turn it off, even if I turn the fan to off then turn it back up. I just looked in the manual and realized that I have the temperature **** set to the coldest setting, so I guess that is "Max AC" and keeps it on. I have the manual AC thing, no automatic climate control.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, if you have it set to MAX-A/C you can not turn off the recirc and you can't turn off the A/C.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:32 AM

Just thought I would ask here if anyone has heard if they have Aftermarket Hyundai performance parts available for the 2012 model yet.

Quick Reply: 2012 ACCENT Anyone Have ???