Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Accent Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Default Accent Radio

Hey All,

I have a question.

I have the tape player in my '01 Accent. I was just going to use my MP3 player with a cassette adapter (which worked fine in my old Chrysler car), but when I try to put the cassette adapter in, it just ejects it and won't accept it. This is weird, since the cassette deck plays real tapes beautifully. (I still have lots of old tapes, and have tried it out).

So I have been looking on Ebay. I'd rather keep things stock, so I was going to get a Hyundai CD player that had the 8DIN connection on the back for a remote cd changer, with the button to activate it. I was then going to get an 8DIN to RCA adapter to plug into my MP3 unit, and VOILA, instant line in jack for my CD player.

However, my car uses the OVAL CD or Cassette deck (oval on top and bottom). From what I gather, Hyundai made three distinct stereos, none of which are interchangable.

[ol][*]Square on top and bottom[*]oval on top and bottom[*]oval on top and square on bottom[/ol]The oval ones for my car don't have the CD changer option and therefore, don't have the 8DIN pin plug on back, or the button needed.

How can I use a square CD player in my car that does have this feature? There has got to be some way to make it work? Thanks!

Stephen

Old 10-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Default RE: Accent Radio

OK, it looks like the '02 and up have the identical radio bezel, but the opening is for the square radio.

This is what I need, and the radio I need! This is from an '02 Accent.

So I Guess my next question is where can I get an updated BEZEL cover for my radio and climate controls?

Old 10-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

Sure sounds like a lot of work to listen to MP3's on a 6 year old Accent...why not just get an FM modulator for the mp3 player? That would be a lot easier.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

But the sound quality isn't as good as an MP3 player. FM modulators clip the signals.

I don't know what that year of Accent looks like, but check out these directions for finishing out the opening on the Elantra that I submitted to Edmunds CarSpace:

http://www.carspace.com/guides/2001-...ra-Audio-Guide