Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Accent tranny problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Default Accent tranny problems?

I have a 2001 Accent GL with about 64,000 miles on it. I got the tranny replaced less than 20,000 miles ago, but it has been sticky and bucky off and on since. About a week ago, I was driving in the rain when the car just freaked out..it felt like it froze under me for a split second. It did this three times and the check system light came on. I took it to a shop who said they were transmission codes and to take it to the dealer and try to get a fix (the car was bought used so warranty ended at 60,000 miles). The dealer told me there was nothing wrong..that they were codes that would come up if I spun my tires or peeled out, which I didnt do. Later that night I took it out and spun it in circles in a parking lot...and no light. Anybody have any clue what could be going on; was the dealer just b-sing me to save their face, or is there really such a code?

Old 03-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Default RE: Accent tranny problems?

... this post looks familiar. I, personally, am a firm beleiver in lucas transmission treatment. im not saying its a guaranteed fix, but i have always been happy with it. i have used its in a number of transmittions in the pastl, and it has in ever occasion but one stop the slipping entirely and made the tranny run smoother over all.in the one exception the transmittion was at worst case senario, however the Lucas did help it run smoother, not great, but not as bad as it had been.

anyway, my advice is (and always will be) try the lucas first, if that doesnt work the problem is more complicated, and unless you are good at tranny (im not) you should take it to a pro.