Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Electronics Package Not Present?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Default Electronics Package Not Present?

I just bought a 2010 Accent ES for my wife. It's great and she loves it; however, when I tried to show her the digital readouts (indicated in the owners manual) they weren't present! Only the basic readouts, were there! (not AVG Mileage, etc.) I have a 2005 Elantra, and they are present, so I asked the dealer, he said they were all (Accents) like that. I asked for the number of the Mid-Atlantic Hyundai Distributor and called. They are currently researching this. They told me they would have an answer Monday. The problem is that the OWNERS MANUAL says they should be there. What is really disappointing is that my 2005 was recently rear-ended, and I am driving a rental (Chevy Cobalt) which has individual tire pressures instantaneous mileage, avg mileage, etc.! It actually gets great mileage 31 avg. I do most of my driving 100+ per day at 75 and very little at city speeds, and it has GREAT acceleration. I hate to admit it, as I am a Hyundai fan, but it is pretty good car. So right now, I am feeling a bit let down by Hyundai. Anybody else notice this problem?

Thanks!
Chuck

Old 12-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

What country are you in? We don't have an "ES" in the United States. Is is a base model level? Usually the GLS is a mid level and the SE is a sport model. My guess is your model level doesn't have that option.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Default Typo In Original Message / Answer from Hyundai

I am in the US and I believe the model is an SE Sorry. It is a 3 Door with sunroof electric mirrors, satellite radio, lots of lighting (mirrors, etc.) otherwise it is fully loaded.

I just got a call from Mid-Atlantic Hyundai, stating that no matter what the owners manual says, it didn't ship with it (the advanced trip computer with Avg Miles per gallon, etc.) and it can't be upgraded. In short I am out of luck.

Does anyone have a similar 2010 Hyundai Accent SE with the advanced electronic monitoring package as advertised in their manual?

Also, does anyone out there know if there is there an after-market product that will plug into the cars computer (similar to the products that the Toyota Prius folks use) that will give me that information?

Old 12-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.scangauge.com/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AAMY86/...l_4xzhp275xa_e
Be sure to tell them you have a Hyundai as you need a special cable to connect it because the standard cable sometimes causes the speedometer and other gauges to stop working.