Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Extreme Frustration!! Cruise Control Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Default Extreme Frustration!! Cruise Control Installed

I have recently purchased a 2007 Accent 4-door GL. I purchased the car directly from the dealership, with 30,000 km on it. I questioned who was the previous owner and I was told that it was a lease buy back. I lovemy new accent. When I purchased the car, I mentioned to the dealer that I would like cruise control.That leads me into my question. I received the cruise control as my "added" option prior to purchasing this vehicle. With all that said, I asked what type of cruise control was offered (aftermarket) for this vehicle. I was told it was "A" control arm type. (Key work "A") I took my vehicle in today to have the cruise control put on and when I returned to pick up my vehicle, there was a second control arm added. (This being the cruise) It was instaled on the left hand side of the vehicle, in between the dimmer switch and the cubby compartment. (Is that what you would call it?) With all this said, I have only gotten in and out of my car4 times. Each time, I was hitting this arm?!? Long story short, what my question is, Does anyone know if this is the proper placement? AND I was under the understanding that when all was said and done I would have one control arm, yes aftermarket, not two. Has anyone added cruise control to their accent. What type did you get? I want to go back to the dealer and explain that I am not happy with this feature, however, I would like some advise first.