Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

A few issues with my poor baby

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 03:53 AM
Default A few issues with my poor baby

Okay, so I own a 2002 hyundai Accent GL 4-door sedan...as for the rest of the specs...no idea. The car as a little over 100,000 miles on it and I'm really good at getting the oil changed etc etc. However, the check engine light has been on for quite a while and it does a wierd thing where it kind of bucks and acts like it doesn't want to shift. I took it to an auto parts retailer in my town and they said the check engine light is on because I need a new O2 sensor. Could this be the cause of my other issues? Also it is using a lot of oil, any ideas on why?? Thanks for any help anyone can give me!
-sarahwynn

Old 09-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Default RE: A few issues with my poor baby

Omigod, my 2001 Accent is having very similar problems and has for a while. My light is not on, but there is frequent bucking and high revving. An O2 sensor is definitely possible, but the best way to see is to monitor your gas mileage. Has it dropped to the low 20's? However, the bucking and reluctance to shift sound to me like tranny issues. I had the same thing, and my check fuel system light came on when it bucked. I needed a speed sensor replaced. My best advice to you would be to go to a good, local mechanic, that is NOT dealer-affiliated. The dealer totally screwed me over with my car's repairs. I recommend Tires Plus chains, they are usually good, or a local, small guy you can trust. Be careful, but you do want to get a good, thorough, transmission and fuel system diagnostic done. Good luck and let me know how it turns out for you.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Default RE: A few issues with my poor baby

Check engine light could be a number of things - only someone with a diagnostic tool can tell you what it is.

As for shifting problems, when was the transmission fluid last changed or checked? Maybe the fluid is low.