Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Few ?'s about 05 Accent

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Default Few ?'s about 05 Accent

Just bought a 2005 Accent. Says its suppose to get 29 city and 33 MPG highway, I just went through my first tank and got about 300 out of it which average out to about 25 MPG and that is 90% highway driving, driving 65-70 all the time, and being very gentle on it and slowly accelerating, is it normal to have low MPG at first?

The only reason I bought this car was to save on gas, I also own a 96 Mustang GT with a few goodies so I need this to get good gas mileage, at 25 MPG I'm not even making close to the city driving.

Also there was a few things I thought were shady and overall am not very pleased with the car. The power door locks are absurd, that is not power door locks when you have to press one of the locks down manually and it automatically locks the other 2 doors (I have the 3 door GT package). The security system comes with a remote so I figured that would control the locks also since I have power door locks, but I was wrong about that also. Never heard of a car other than this one that when you have power door locks and a remote keyless entry, the remote doesnt control the locks. With that being said if the gas mileage does not increase I plan to get rid of it and would like to before its to late. Does Hyundai have any return policy, like a 30 day or something like that? Or any return policy even if it means I can not get a full refund? Thanks in advance for all your help guys.

Old 09-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Default RE: Few ?'s about 05 Accent

I got my 05 back in March. On my 10 gallon tank ussually squeeze in 11 gallons and the most i have gotten is 382 miles on my tank. I roughly have avgd' around 32 - 37 mpg. I have planned on turning it into my poor mans tuner and my main problem is a lack of support......which is ridiculous since i can bust my buddy's 05 civics times wide open. Found some really cheap intakes systems on ebay coupled with K&N filter. With S&H running around 45 dollars. I plan on buying one next week......you could see a gain in ur mpg with an addon like that.....but dunno why you get so low now.....yeah i do i drive alot slower than freeway most of the time.....but when i race it i see a huge decrease.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Default RE: Few ?'s about 05 Accent

I purchased a Accent GT 9/01/05. Thus far have over 1200 miles on it already. No problems thus far. As far as gas mileage, with reg unleaded (87), I'm getting about 38 mpg's. If I use SUPER unleaded (92), I'm getting nearly 42 mpg's. Now thats doing about 95% highway driving, turning up the tunes & cruising between 60 & 65 mph. No race to get to work!! My Accent GT has an auto-trans, not my first choice but, finding a stick was nearly impossible.
Like I said so far I'm very please with the car, love the looks, cruises nicely, not fast but, then if I wanted fast would bought something different. Also just for a note, I traded in my 2002 Chevy Silverado PU. I was getting 20 mpg's & the truck has a 34 gallon fuel tank.