Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

K&N air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Default K&N air intakes

Has anyone installed a cold air intake on their Accent? If so, any issues, good or bad?? Does replacing the original air filter system effect the new car warrentee in anyway??
Thanks,
Brant

Old 10-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: K&N air intakes

What year is your Accent?

Old 10-26-2005, 12:08 AM

hey guys..got a 2004 accent...looked everywhere for a cold air intake kit for it but couldnt find one in toronto yet.

Does anyone have any info that can help me with this?...has anyone done it?..ordering from the web?..please help..thanks

Old 10-26-2005, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

I just did some checks with a buddy of mine that works at the Hyundai dealer and he said as long as the stock sesors are in place then the warranty should still be good. Another thing if it was a warranty issue and something happened where it needed serviced an intake is an easy thing to revert back to stock if you keep the parts,know what I mean?

Old 10-26-2005, 01:54 AM

thanks for the prompt reply poacher, but any info on how to actually do it?..i mean i cant find a kit for my accent at all..no one seems to carry one for an accent

Old 02-09-2006, 11:09 AM

sharkracing.com

ebay.com <-- i bought my intake there

Old 02-12-2006, 10:08 PM

I've jus changed to a stainless air filter, brand-Simota, the effect not bad, the pick up respond to me is quite fast, but dun know will it affect the consumption of the fuel.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:30 AM

cosmo racing, 79 bucks, 99 after shipping

mine will be here in a week, time to loose the short ram intake

Old 02-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

It shouldn't affect fuel consumption at all. Most people lose mileage when they install an intake, but they don't seem to realize that they are hammering their car while playing with their new toy. If you drive normally you may actually get better gas mileage.

Old 02-28-2006, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: raffi

thanks for the prompt reply poacher, but any info on how to actually do it?..i mean i cant find a kit for my accent at all..no one seems to carry one for an accent
you know often times its cheaper to design it yourself. My brother inlaw designed a FWI (fenderwell intake) for his 1998 grandPrix GT. he used ABS pipe and a 51/2" K&N coin filter works amazing. I guess the reason he routed it too the fenderwell is that in the pocket in thefenderwell above the plastic sheild is a pocket of cold air. Sounds awsome when he steps on the gas. you can really hear that thing suck. sounds like a jet engine.

has anyone tried this? when its done right it looks like its suppose to be there.

Quick Reply: K&N air intakes