Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

My Accent died and won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Default My Accent died and won't start

Hello all, Im new to the forum. I signed up to see if I could get some help from you enthusiasts.

I have a 2005 Accent 5 speed hatchback. I bought it used just over a year ago. It has 138,000 miles. When I bought it, it had far more power. No race horse by any means, but it went alright. For the last several months I have been losing power and gas mileage gradually. When I bought the car, mileage was about 38. It gradually kept getting worse along with the power continuing to decline. Now the mileage is down to 30.5 consistently.

The other day I was going up a steep grade and I had doubts I was going to make it to the top. It acted like it was ready to give up. Finally made it to the top (down to second gear). Picked speed back up to about 40 in 4th gear, and it was very reluctant to do so. Went about a mile and passed up where I needed to turn. So, I went to turn around and as soon as I pushed the clutch in it died on me in the middle of the turn. Now it refuses to start.

I'm not much of a mechanic, but I know a fair amount. I do my own maintenance and all that.

From the best I can tell, I have no spark going into the wires. I replaced the crank shaft position sensor and it didnt change anything. (Which was a HUGE PITA with a manual transmission..lol).

I'm really at a loss, and am trying my best to avoid a mechanic. Can anyone offer me any advice? Something else I can test?

Thank you so much in advance.