Hyundai Coupe The European version of the American Tirburon.

Rearview Mirror Blocking Front View

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Default Rearview Mirror Blocking Front View

Hi there,

Just became the proud owner of a beautiful 2005 Coupe/Tiburon and enjoying already every part of it. There is however one thing that I find extremely annoying (even dangerous) and that is the visibility from the drivers seat when looking in front-right direction due to the rearview mirror which is blocking my view.

Even with the seat in the lowest position (I'm 1.83m /6 feet tall) I can't even see where I'm going -especially in right turns- without having to lower my head or move it a lot more to the right.

Currently I'm looking into the possibilities of replacing my rearview mirror with one that is smaller and -preferably- installed at a higher location also.

If anyone has tried this yet, any advise is more than welcome!

Greetz from Amsterdam - The Netherlands,
Corgan

Old 09-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Default RE: Rearview Mirror Blocking Front View

Hi Corgan,

First of all congrats on your coupe - good to see another one in NL... I have a blue 2002 coupe in The Hague

Why don't you post some pics of the rear-view mirror in your car ? Is it the standard factory mirror or a different one ?

Old 09-22-2006, 11:41 AM

Hi Blue,

Thanks for your reply - good looking color you've got there!

Here are two pictures of my forward view.
The first one is from my eye-reference point, the second one is taken 30cm / 12 inches lower.

My mirror is an original one and measures 27 by 7 cm (10.6 by 2.8 inches).
I'm very curious if you recognise this view and if your mirror has the same dimensions?

By the way, I work in The Hague a few days a week so maybe we'll spot eachother on the roads there someday.
If my mirror isn't blocking my view then

Old 10-03-2006, 05:01 PM

Hi Corgan,

Thanks

Your car is 3.5 generation, no ? Do you still have "the growing antenna" ? I love the color and especially the front light (they improved it there...) - HC is a great car, ha ????

Sorry it takes me forever to reply..... Work is hectic....

I can see what you mean, normally the coupe-desease is a lacking rear-view, but Hyundai coupe (as well as Audi TT and I think also Toyota Celica) is a very low (and flat) car - this means the front wind-shield is flatter too.

The 2nd pic though looks ok (I think I have the same mirror). Try the following: lower your seat and move it back, then bring your back-support higher-up, so your head is closer to the wind-shield. How tall are you if I may ask ?

You work in DH ? Playing "Spotting" is great - I visited Coupe club UK and they all play it, but the only guy on the continent was in France....

I have a new job in Lelystad, but will be living in DH for at least another month, so we might just see each other on the roads - where and when do you drive ?

Groetjes