Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

My dealership wants to buy my Elantra - and I want a Santa Fe - Advice PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 08:31 PM
Default My dealership wants to buy my Elantra - and I want a Santa Fe - Advice PLEASE

Back in 2013 I bought a brand new 2013 Elantra from the Hyundai dealership. At the time, I was single (with 2 kids from a previous relationship). Since then I have gotten married ...and SHE has 2 kids...and now we have a newborn - YES, there are A LOT of us! lol

Anyway, My dealership has sent me cards in the mail and the salesman also mentioned buying it back for me to upgrade ("and maybe lower my payments" i dont know if i buy THAT lol).... ANYWAY, now that we need the room I would LOVE to trade it in for a Santa Fe

MY QUESTIONS:

1- is this a good idea or is it just another way for them to rip me off?

2- Do they run my credit again? Or do they bypass that because ive been paying my car payment on time for the past almost 2 years? (or can they/do they go by what it was when I bought the 2013 elantra) -
my credit has taken a hit lately after being unemployed (oh yeah....would THAT matter??? my wife has a job...I was laid off)
(since SHE has the job would I be able to trade in the car and have HER put the new vehicle sold to HER instead of me? - just trying to think of all the possibilities)

3- im not sure how it all works so any and all advice will be gratefully appreciated! Thank you!