Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Default Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit help please

I am removing the speed sensor circuit. It is a 1999 Elantra. I have the PGB removed and the connector unclipped. The PGB wire and The PGA wire both go inside the same clip. How do I remove the PGA wire?
Also is this a dealer part only? I called two auto store(Autozone) and they did not know what I needed. Is there a factory part number that would help me?
Thanks
WMM

Old 07-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Banned

Your terminology is somewhat confusing. What's a "PGB"? Where did you get these names?

Old 07-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Default More info

In April I stated to see if I was able to repair this part by myself. I was on this forum. A picture was sent to me of the transmission. It shows the connector, OPGB and PGA areas. I was told to remove the air cleaner box and tubes. I was to remove the PGB, disconnect the connector and remove a bolt, unclip the wire and voila. i am great up to the voila part! Now I have this thing removed and it hanging on a wire. i am trying to replace the output speed shaft curciut.
Thanks for your help.
WMM

Old 07-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Banned

Not sure what you're talking about, but there has to be a connector there someplace. Follow the wire back, you'll find it.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Wink More help

Lets start again.
My code detector said PO7022 output
I found this to be the Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit. No Signal was given.
Can I fix this myself? If so how?
Please be direct. I do not work on cars and am new to this.
Also can I buy needed part from Autozone or do I need to go to a dealer directly? What is the correct name for the part or parts?
Thanks

Old 07-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Banned

PO722 - Output speed sensor - No Signal. You might find it at Autozone, but maybe not.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned

I see what you're talking about with the "pga" and "pgb". It mean pulse generator, which is a different name for the same thing. Output speed sensor would be the "pgb".

Attached Thumbnails Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit help please-output-speed-sensor.gif  
Old 07-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Smile Thats it!!!

Yes that is it. I have the connector and the side with the out put disconnected(PGB) do I have to disconnect the other side as well (PGA) or does the wires disconnect from the connector?
I'll try Auto zone and call it a pulse generator and see if I get an answer.
If I need to disconnect the PGA sade as well do you have any hints? Looks like I have to jack up the car to reach it.
Any help would be great. I have never worked on a car before.
Thanks,
WMM

Old 07-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned

AutoZone will call it an output speed sensor.

The input sensor, or PGA, should have a different connector.

You reach these from the top, inside the hood. You have to take out the air cleaner.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Smile More help

Thats right. I have the PGB disconnected with the connector. Except the PGA wire also goes into the connector. Like a Y. Can I get the PGB out of the connector or am I disconnectng the PGA also. I can not reach the bolt to remove the PGA from inside the hood-I would have to jack up the car and reach it from underside. I am just not sure if the PGB and wire comes out of the connector-if it does I do not see how to seperate the PGB with its wire from connector.
I have not been able to buy this part from local store or Autozone. They can not find it in system. Once I see the new part I will maybe understand more of what I am doing to remove the old part. I was thinking I could take the old part to Autozone and someone could help me-but I can not remove it all the way to take the part with me.
I will call dealer tomorrow also to get part if needed.
Any idea how to remove the PGB part from connector?
Thanks,
WMM

Quick Reply: Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit help please