Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Dealership frustration / venting

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 09:31 AM
Angry Dealership frustration / venting

We took delivery of our 2011 ET SE on Halloween weekend and ordered the Bluetooth system to be installed. When I picked up the car at delivery, I was told that the plates would be there when they did the BT install the following weekend. (dealership is 160 miles from home) So after having to reschedule the appointment twice, (once by them, once by crappy weather) I made the 2 1/2 hr drive to the dealership last Saturday, in time for the 10:30 appointment. After learning that they didn't have my plates, (which they were supposed to have two weeks prior) I pulled around to the service department, got checked in, got set up with a loaner (a 2010 ET SE!) and was told they'd call when it was done. Three hours after I dropped off the car, I got a call while visiting friends in St. Paul, to tell me that they didn't have a BT system in stock. I informed him that I would not be making another special trip down to do the install, and he offered to have me drive home in the loaner, and they'd have someone deliver my car (with plates) this week and drive back in the loaner. We'll see if they're able to deliver on this... Needless to say, I'll be getting all future servicing done locally; couldn't really get much worse than the experience so far at Walser.

==
Chris

Old 11-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

I've found that sometime a dealership great for sales is not that great for service and vice versa. The Hyundai dealership near me where I bought my Tucson is great to deal with for a purchase but I refuse to go there for service. I go to another dealership for service about 20 miles away. They have an excellent service department but I won't purchase a vehicle from them because their prices are high and they aren't as willing to deal.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:04 PM

That's too bad (and disconcerting) NSH. My plates were at that same dealership 4 days after my purchase. In fact, I was told during the purchase process that they kept the plates at the dealership, though they could not pass them on until the paperwork went through. I'd be totally pissed too if I were you.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:20 PM

i brought my 2010 touring sport(se) to St Laurent Hyundai. they replaced my defective battery, got rid of the groaning squeaking hatch, and ordered me a new lighter socket, which was damaged by the salesman who drove the car for a few months before I bought it.
Total charge.......$0. thanks guys

Old 11-27-2010, 03:07 AM

I've had nothing but trouble from day one from the dealership and service station. From them trying to figure out what kind of transmission fluid my car takes, to taking in the car for oil change and only having them do something else. Also getting oil change and not tighting the bolt and running on LOW oil..and to not refilling the coolant after working on the waterpump. Had the waterpump only about three months and it leaked from the begining, they finally worked on it and that was this pass week. But when they told me it was fixed, a job that told would take 3 hours took 9 hours. Was 7, but when I started to drive home, steam starting coming out and opened hood, coolant was running out the coolant pipe they replaced, had to drive back and had to wait another 3 hours. The new waterpump now makes a sqweaking sound. Im having touble with it still..but will post on another area of my problem.

Last edited by nmguy; 11-27-2010 at 03:14 AM. Reason: theres a big white box in center of my posting..hard to see what Im posting
Old 12-23-2010, 10:36 PM

I had a new one. Picked up my ET today and it stunk of cigarette smoke. (No, I am not a smoker.) It had been in the shop again for a week and half and I think they must have decided to use my car daily for smoke breaks.

I turned around and went back. The service manager had no explanation, but said he had a deodorizer that would take care of it. Well it got rid of the smell, but left a greasy film on all the windows that took the better part of the evening to clean.

Ah, what a dealer network Hyundai has put together! It does not matter what quality the car is if the dealerships are staff by malicious high school dropouts who pay no attention to the surgeon general.