Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Elantra Touring/I30cw parts interchange?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Default Elantra Touring/I30cw parts interchange?

I've noticed that the aftermarket parts available for the elantra touring is very limited. I see that there are a lot of websites that show a lot of parts for the Hyundai I30cw estate wagon. These cars are almost identical. My question is does anyone know if these parts are interchangeable?

Thanks, Bobby

Old 04-06-2010, 09:22 AM

Yes and No.
Ask the person selling the item.
I know the rear bumper rubber protector works fine. The front grills work. The Spoilers are different.

Yes, because I have installed them.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by DrDemento
Yes and No.
Ask the person selling the item.
I know the rear bumper rubber protector works fine. The front grills work. The Spoilers are different.

Yes, because I have installed them.
Add to that list the i30 strut tower bar, ArtX Eagles grille, and i30 gas cap covers. I have them and they fit perfectly. I am also a member of i30ownersclub.com, and the Aussies on that board claim the i30 hatch is identical to the Elantra Touring/i30cw from the windshield forward. Check out my garage on this site, and let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help you along in modifying your Touring.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:49 AM

This response may be bit late, but I had just received my Touring SE (Black with Black Leather) about a week ago (happy as a clam) and the first thing I did was go on line, looking for after market items. I too, was rather disappointed by the apparent lack of Touring specific items that are available. Knowing that there exists another vehicle that is almost identical by the same manufacturer has given me hope. Does anyone know if there is an official Hyundai parts listing that can identify parts that would fit either the Touring and i30? Also, I understand that there is some differences too between the i30, the i30cw, and something called the i30 Edition? Can someone please school me as to what those differences are?

Thanks in advance

Old 09-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

The i30 is smaller and more of a hatchback while the Touring and the i30cw are longer wagons:

i30:

Touring:

i30 cw:

There's no "Edition" version that I'm aware of. Maybe you are thinking of the "Estate" which is just a different name used in other countries. Just like the i30cw name and the Touring name.

i30 Estate

Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 PM

I see, and a big thanks for all the clarifications. This vehicle seems to hold more and more surprises around every corner.

Regarding the Edition version of the i30...

http://www.carsuk.net/hyundai-i10-i2...ition-edition/
http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/i30/edition/

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/a/img/newCa...n_car_shot.jpg
http://www.hyundai.co.uk/a/files/images/1348.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/korken79/3886270051/

Last edited by ralphrepo; 09-27-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

The i30 is not available in the US.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
The i30 is not available in the US.
Yes, however both the Touring and i30 share a variety of common parts because it is essentially the same car. The minor regional differences (like the names of Touring or i30) notwithstanding, my question was directed towards a method to properly identify exactly what those common parts are, so that I can retrofit usable i30 parts into my Touring, and to avoid buying things that would never work. Which, I had thought, was the overall purpose to this thread.

Last edited by ralphrepo; 09-29-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by ralphrepo
Yes, however both the Touring and i30 share a variety of common parts because it is essentially the same car. The minor regional differences (like the names of Touring or i30) notwithstanding, my question was directed towards a method to properly identify exactly what those common parts are, so that I can retrofit usable i30 parts into my Touring, and to avoid buying things that would never work. Which, I had thought, was the overall purpose to this thread.
Basically anything from the rear door forward will work on the Touring if it was originally made for the i30 hatch. I've been modding my Touring extensively with i30 parts for almost a year now (both performance and appearance).

Take a look at my car domain garage if you want some ideas (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3826175). Feel free to message me as well with any questions. I'd love to help you out.

The usual Korean import sites in English have plenty of i30 parts: Sharkracing.com, Kspec.com, Koreanautoimports.com. For exhaust you'll have to go custom. For springs, Eibach Federn (German arm) makes i30 Kombi (wagon) springs for the 2.0l Beta version. Intake, go with the K&N Apollo. The rest of the stuff for the most part can be purchased from those three sites I listed.

Last edited by zielritter; 09-29-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zielritter
Basically anything from the rear door forward will work on the Touring if it was originally made for the i30 hatch.
No. The rear doors are different between the i30 hatch and the Touring/i30cw.

Basically anything from the FRONT door forward will work on the Touring if it was originally made for the i30 hatch.

Quick Reply: Elantra Touring/I30cw parts interchange?