Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

Vent Visors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Default Vent Visors?

Hi ET Folks,
We had Vent Visors by AVS on our Tucson and Sonata (got them at AutoZone). We cannot find them anywhere for our ET SE. I emailed AVS and the reply from Lund (parent company) was that they will not be making them for that car. Does anyone know if any other visors for the windows are available? I am assuming that the ones for the Elantra sedan will not fit? Thanks for your help!

ETMike

Old 08-01-2010, 03:44 AM

Hi ETMike
If your talking about window visors here is a site that carries them for the Touring http://www.carid.com/2010-hyundai-el...rds-91663.html
Hope this helps.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Default Got Em' !

Hi Ranger,
Thanks for the tip. I was looking for AVS visors, since we had used them before. They glue on versus the inside fit with the Weathertech visors. They should have a cleaner look though. Too bad they are not available in the dark tint...but they do look more "factory" than the glue on type. Carid and weathertech both were the same price...but...carid uses google checkout for items over 100 bucks you get 10 dollars off. I added some license plate screws for about 2 bucks and got the discount. I could not find a free shipping coupon though . All in all, if the units look as good in person as the photos show, I will be pleased. Thanks again for steering me in the right direction. These forums are great for gaining insight into a vehicle's quirks and features. I will post a note after I install them as to fit and appearance.

ETMike

Old 08-02-2010, 02:08 AM

These forums are great. Glad I could help. If you can post some pics after you install them that would be great. I'd really like to see how they look, I'm considering getting a pair myself. They are finally starting to come out with aftermarket and Hyundai OEM accessories for the Touring.
Ranger524

Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Default Yes please let us

Yes please send us some pics and feedback that these are in-fact suited for the touring. Did you get both front and back sets?

Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Default Will Do

I will upload a few pics as soon as I get the visors and install them. I also will drive around a bit with them on at different speeds and see if they affect the noise level. The Weathertech visors do have a much cleaner look, but it will be interesting to see how they fit and...how the windows roll up when they are in place. I sprung for the 4 piece set since we hope to keep this car for a long time and they REALLY do prevent excess heat from building up in the car when it is closed up tight on a summer day.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:42 PM

Just a quick update: I just received the WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors after waiting about 2 weeks for them to arrive. If you order them from carid, be patient, it may take a while to get them to you. They are drop-shipped from the supplier. They look like quality products. I will write a review next week after I have had them on for several days, including a trip on the Interstate. I will upload a few photos at the same time. You might get them faster through WeatherTech, but that is hard to say.
Later,
ETMike

Old 08-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Default Wind Deflector Update

Hi Folks,
After a few days with the WeatherTech wind deflectors on the car, here is the scoop. They were fairly easy to install, follow the directions closely and watch the video clip refered to on the info sheet. After cleaning the tops of your windows, it would be good to coat the top 1/2" or so with silicone. This will ensure that the windows can slide clear of the deflectors when you lower them. I left mine up for 24 hours, no problems on lowering them. They are a tight fit on the front. Spring tension holds them in place. Keep the deflectors (the fronts) down the 1/2" (on the rear edge)while easing them in place, snugging them under the rubber lip. On the back ones, since they have an adhesive strip (remove the protective cover), it would help if you had someone put the window up as you FIRMLY lift the deflector to seat the machined edge. Watch your fingers!
The end result is a very slick looking addition to your wagon. Very little wind noise from them even at 70. Nice to be able to let the windows down a bit even if it looks like rain! I will post a few pics in the gallery to show how they look after installation.
ETMike

Old 08-29-2010, 10:18 PM

By the way members CarId is one of our sponsors, just click on the picture of there ad on the right hand side of this page...

WheelBroker1

Old 08-30-2010, 03:23 PM

Thanks ETMike - they look real slick, I will be getting a set for sure

Quick Reply: Vent Visors?