Hyundai Elantra Touring / i30 The compact wagon / hatchback that has as much cargo space as a Tucson in a car the size of the Elantra sedan.

"What Fits in an Elantra Touring?"

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Talking "What Fits in an Elantra Touring?"

Hi there! My wife and I took delivery yesterday of a 2011 ET SE in what had been a very difficult to find Regatta Blue, and couldn't be happier. I just wanted to add mine to the list of accounts about the amazing cargo capacity of this car. We bought this car from a dealer in the Twin Cities, (160 miles or so away) and used it to transport a fold-up treadmill, completely assembled. There wasn't much room left to spare, but it fit just fine... into a vehicle that gets 30+ mpg on the highway. What a fantastic combination.

I've read a couple reviews with complaints about the motor being underpowered, but in driving around the Twin Cities metro area freeways, never felt that it was anything less than capable of doing everything it needed to do. The price, vesatility, solid build, nimble agility, fuel efficiency, standard features, etc make this one very solid package.

Best Regards--

Chris

Old 11-01-2010, 03:59 AM

how about 8...... 17 inch tires from my charger!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by northshorehiker
Hi there! My wife and I took delivery yesterday of a 2011 ET SE in what had been a very difficult to find Regatta Blue, and couldn't be happier.

Did you buy the one in Brooklyn Park? I just bought the gray GLS that was parked next to it. I agree with all your comments about the ET. I can't believe what you get for the price.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Sapient
Did you buy the one in Brooklyn Park? I just bought the gray GLS that was parked next to it. I agree with all your comments about the ET. I can't believe what you get for the price.
Ha-ha! We did indeed! Walser Hyundai in Brooklyn Park. A very good experience all around.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:09 AM

Funny! We were going to look at your car, as my wife likes sun roofs and less neutral colors. By buying it, you helped me get the trim and color I wanted. So thanks!

See you at the free car wash.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:31 AM

You get a free car wash!!
We got that with the 2007 Honda Fit! but ont with the Hyun?
& same Dealer ??
our first oil change is free, but that's like next year or so .As we only drive the car when my wife wants to, with it still hot here ,We just drive the truck! same gas MPG
around 25. better ride longer wheel base.

good luck with yours
Ron

Old 11-01-2010, 09:37 AM

The dealership we used gives you 52 free car washes, 6 cents/gallon off gas (for I don't know how long), free oil changes for life (if you do 15,000 mile servicing at the dealer), and maybe some other stuff I don't remember.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sapient
Funny! We were going to look at your car, as my wife likes sun roofs and less neutral colors. By buying it, you helped me get the trim and color I wanted. So thanks!

See you at the free car wash.
That IS a riot! Thank you for opting for the GLS! =^) The neutral colors don't do much for either of us, and we'd been looking nation-wide for an SE auto in that Regatta Blue and not finding much of anything. We were very happy to have this one fall into our lap.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by chuckchef
how about 8...... 17 inch tires from my charger!!!
Wow... that's awesome... not surprising, but awesome.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 PM

8' lumber, with room to spare. It came in handy during our home renovation.

A bicycle, fully assembled.

A futon bed.

Quick Reply: "What Fits in an Elantra Touring?"