Hyundai Santa Fe This compact sport utility vehicle offers the buyer the safety of an SUV without the hefty price tag or fuel bill.

2007 Santa Fe Limited 30k questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Default 2007 Santa Fe Limited 30k questions.

Hey guys,

Well, I'm just about to hit 30k miles on my 07 SF Limited 3.3 V6. Anyway, I'm sure when I take the car in for an oil change, the dealership is going to hit me up for the 30k service. I've never owned a Hyundai before, so I was wondering if it's worth spending the money on the 30k service. I'm sure that it will be about $400-$500, which isn't exactly cheap, so unless it's really worth it, or absolutely necessary, I would probably pass on it and take my chances. The only thing I could see worth doing is an automatic transmission fluid flush.

Also, I had an issue with my dealer last service visit. This is a smaller dealership, and when I took the car in for some cosmetic issues - seat's starting to peel at 23k miles, sunroof is still dripping water in the rear (after they replaced the seal around the glass), and the chrome in the exhaust pipes is chipping off. Anyway, they had my car for most of the day only to call me and tell me that NONE of it would be covered, it's all "normal wear and tear." So, I was kind of pissed, and said, "What the hell does the warranty cover then." "I'm going to call Hyundai customer care because this is absolutely rediculous." Well, the Service Advisor didn't say much afterwards, but when I went to pick up the car he didn't say 2 words to me, and just gave me a dirty look.. Should I NOT go back there? I'm wondering if I will be treated like complete crap now. I was happy with their service up until this visit. I'm sure that this happens all of the time, but I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Jeff

Old 06-10-2009, 09:46 AM

Hyundai would most likely cover all that. The dealer may have just wanted to gouge you because Hyundai has negotiated rates with them much lower than they charge the public. If in doubt, I would report them to Hyundai and take your service business to another Hyundai dealership.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

If you want to maintain your 10-year/100K-mile warranty you need to have the service done. If you don't do it and you have an engine problem, your warranty will be voided because you failed to perform the required maintenance. So, no, you don't have to do it but you risk voiding your warranty.

Owning a car requires maintenance and that maintenance costs money.

The chrome would be normal wear and tear. The sunroof seal is debateable. If the car was older I would say it's worn but your SF is only 2 years old and it should have been covered in my opinion. I'd suggest finding a differet and larger dealership.