Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited - change from F to C after battery died

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 11:15 AM
Default 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited - change from F to C after battery died

Hello all,

Based on what I have read so far, my car seems to be one of the good ones (no issues at all - even mechanic is impressed its condition!). But do have a very annoying issues.

I've been searching this forum so I can change back to Celcius after my battery died (thank you COVID for lack of use!). No problem getting the boost but now my temp displays are all F. I've done it in the past holding the Auto and Off buttons at the same time. Now that isn't working! As was in some previous posts, there is nothing in the manual. I have tried all of the options I could find and they aren't working. My version does NOT have the menu in the main console that some cars have (between the Hybrid mode (usually where tach is) and speedometer).

Any ideas would be welcome. This is extremely frustrating especially since what worked before doesn't work now! It is like the entire computer reset and now doesn't have that command anymore!

Old 06-28-2020, 01:46 PM

If you hold the H & M buttons on upper left of the screen until it starts to change then let go .

Old 06-28-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
If you hold the H & M buttons on upper left of the screen until it starts to change then let go .
I have a navigation system. My time is set digitally so I don't have those buttons.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:59 AM
Default Solved

I solved it!! Apparently if I press the OFF button then press the AUTO button while still pressing the OFF button and hold for 3-5 seconds it switched. You would think there would be documents with these VERY specific instructions.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:14 AM

Thanks for the update.
When you say, "You would think ", that's where I get in trouble , lol.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:38 PM

It's a common issue I have. I keep trying hoping to find others that think too! Although I love the car I have had a couple of issues with business decisions by Hyundai.

Old 07-01-2020, 03:14 PM

Don't be afraid to share them here with us. You just might find someone that had a similar problem and was able to get satisfactory results. Ya never know !

Old 07-01-2020, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Don't be afraid to share them here with us. You just might find someone that had a similar problem and was able to get satisfactory results. Ya never know !
There were actually 2
1. The fact that dealerships were even offering to upgrade 2015 Sonatas to Android Auto and/or CarPlay then everything disappeared. Never came back but stayed in US.
2. Great difficulty in getting issued resolved under warranty. Took 4 visits to get a brake issue resolved when should have taken one.
3. And this - I got a call from Hyundai Canada telling where I should be able to find the instructions on changing from F to C. Doesn't exist.

There is clearly a disconnect between reality and the ivory tower of Hyundai Canada.

Not unusual but never seen this level of disconnect with any other car maker I have had to deal with (I've been owning cars for over 30 years so I've had a few)!