Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

New owner of a Sonata 2011 2.0T Liminted Navy

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Default New owner of a Sonata 2011 2.0T Liminted Navy

Hi there everyone,

This forum was realy helpful to me in choosing and buying my brand new Sonata so I figured I should make a thread to give back and answer questions that you guys might have for and owner about the car

Take care,
Philippe P.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:11 PM

I just took delivery of my new 2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited last Saturday as well!! Its Pacific Blue Pearl with Camel Leather. I LOVE the turbo. I am also willing to answer any questions regarding the car.

I got every option available as well as all accessories. It is an amazing car and I think I made a very wise choice!!

Old 12-07-2010, 07:23 AM

I too am looking at a new Sonata, GLS, no turbo. But if I could convince my wife of 49+ yrs to go for the turbo, I would go that way.

In the 60's we owned several GTO's, one 4-spd, w/tri-power, air induction, 4:11 rear, and it was fast. Please describe the turbo acceleration off the line. Also I read the Turbo will top out at about 155 mph. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers,

happy holidays.gif

Attached Thumbnails New owner of a Sonata 2011 2.0T Liminted Navy-happy-holidays.gif  
Old 12-08-2010, 01:06 PM

I would HIGHLY suggest you get the turbo. The beauty of this car is that extra power is there only when you need it. I had a 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP for 5 years and traded it in for the turbo. I love having the great fuel economy and the ability to pass people with ease. I am sure that once she test drives the GLS and the Turbo she will choose the Turbo. The handling is better, the 18 inch wheels and tires make a huge difference in ride quality and the gas mileage is unbeatable.

Marriage is about compromise. She can still get all the things she wants in the GLS plus a few added bonuses that make you happy too.

Turbo Limited is the only way to go!!!

Old 12-08-2010, 10:40 PM

I'm planning on looking at a few Sonata limited turbos soon but I have a few questions for you.

The 18 inch wheels look nice but how is the road noise and cushion? I've read reports where the SE can be harsh and I was wondering if the Limited will feel the same with those 18's.

What kind of MPG do you get on the freeway say doing 65mph? Also does that eco button make a difference.

Also just curious, are the turbos flying off the lot or where there plenty to choose from?

Thanks guys..

Old 12-10-2010, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by astewart
I'm planning on looking at a few Sonata limited turbos soon but I have a few questions for you.

The 18 inch wheels look nice but how is the road noise and cushion? I've read reports where the SE can be harsh and I was wondering if the Limited will feel the same with those 18's.

What kind of MPG do you get on the freeway say doing 65mph? Also does that eco button make a difference.

Also just curious, are the turbos flying off the lot or where there plenty to choose from?

Thanks guys..
The 18 inch wheels and tires are perfect for this vehicle. The only thing I would improve is the actual tire. I plan on replacing my tires with Michelin in order to reduce road noise. The SE has a specific sport tuning and handles differently than the other models. The wheels and tires are identical on the SE turbo and the limited turbo. I prefer the softer and more refined tuning of the Limited.

I am getting between 28 and 29mpg right now and I do most of my driving in the city. I did a 200 mile trip recently and got up to 31mpg, without the ECO button on. ECO works best for in city driving conditions. With it on you can increase MG by 3 to 4mpg.

I was lucky and was able to get my first choice of color for interior and exterior. The car was literally being unloaded from the truck when I arrived to test drive the limited turbo they had on the lot. I know that on the west coast they are hard to come by but there should be a larger selection available in the next few months. I suggest getting three dealers in your area on the look out for the one you want. You can always ask them to trade with a dealer in another state if they have the one you are looking for.

Good luck to you!

Old 12-10-2011, 07:56 PM

Hello All I'm almost buying a 2012 Sonata Turbo limited w/o Nav.
I would highly appreciate if u good Ppl can share your Exp. good/ bad so faar! MPG????

Old 12-11-2011, 06:53 AM

jshaik,

Love the car, have washed/waxed 6 times in month & 1/2. ha ha. Did you know Blu-Link comes with verbal navigation with a directional on the std radio screen. Works ok, but ater the free trial period you have to subscribe. Check it out. Getting hi 20's in urban driving w/only 1000 mi on car. Using a 4 gb flash dr with my own music mixes. This works out very well, lots of free music to download or record. Current music too. Blue back lit radio is hard to read, not enough contrast for me.

Luv the car.

klxdrt

Old 12-27-2011, 10:54 AM

My SE with 18 inch wheels and Hankook Optima 431's is superb for me. Had dealer do Hunter Machine adjustments at 3000 miles and car has been completely stable ever since. I think 7500 miles is too long to wait for a checkup. Speech recognition in the car is better than Dragon or Windows 7 speech recognition. This car I can talk to and it talks back. Can't wait to try it in snow we have had no snow in Niagara Falls exceptionally this December. Wife and I share this one car and we are both delighted with it. Transitowne Hyundai dealers in Buffalo great service and waiting room with coffee and tea. Love the manual gear paddles. Gil