Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

plan on sonata hybrid purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Default plan on sonata hybrid purchase

giving my prius to my daughter and want to consider sonata hybrid.

anyone own one?, have they fixed the bugs on the 2011 model? What would be the out of door price for state of Arizona for 2011 or 2012 hybrid model?

thanks,

gychang

Old 10-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Default I also went from my Prius to the 2011 Hybrid

As far as I know there are not any 2012's as the 2011 just came out about April of this year (in CA). I also got the Elantra for my daughter vs giving her the Prius. WOW both cars beat my Prius MPG, as we have to go over a very large hill (in and out) as well as other hills around the bay area.

I like the Hybrid better due to the "extra" features, while both cars are fully loaded, the Hybrid is worth the extra $5k over the base model. The Elantra was a close call, however, the leather seats was why I got the top of the line Elantra (2012) for my daughter. On my 1st long road trip I got 39.5 MPG until I got to the mountains (about 150 miles worth) and I got 35.5 whereas the Prius would get about 25 MPG during the same drive over the mountains 10k foot at the summit.

Not sure of the price you will have to pay, $33k was mine, had the cilajet added.

Look at when the car was made, mine was April 28 and other than a small drifting when I take both hands off the wheel, which one should not...<grin>...However, the steering is excellent so the small drifting is worth the extra steering quality.

Last edited by heredavid; 10-15-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:00 AM

this is very helpful from the actual user, Elantra is also impressive... How much was the out of the door price on top line Elantra?

gychang

Originally Posted by heredavid
As far as I know there are not any 2012's as the 2011 just came out about April of this year (in CA). I also got the Elantra for my daughter vs giving her the Prius. WOW both cars beat my Prius MPG, as we have to go over a very large hill (in and out) as well as other hills around the bay area.

I like the Hybrid better due to the "extra" features, while both cars are fully loaded, the Hybrid is worth the extra $5k over the base model. The Elantra was a close call, however, the leather seats was why I got the top of the line Elantra (2012) for my daughter. On my 1st long road trip I got 39.5 MPG until I got to the mountains (about 150 miles worth) and I got 35.5 whereas the Prius would get about 25 MPG during the same drive over the mountains 10k foot at the summit.

Not sure of the price you will have to pay, $33k was mine, had the cilajet added.

Look at when the car was made, mine was April 28 and other than a small drifting when I take both hands off the wheel, which one should not...<grin>...However, the steering is excellent so the small drifting is worth the extra steering quality.