Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Sonata turn signals...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Default Sonata turn signals...

Recently a Hyundai customer asked me if anyone has experienced problems with their turn signals not turning off. The turn signal stalk returns to center but the light keeps going both inside and out until she wiggles it enough up and down to get it to turn off....I advised her to take the vehicle in and have it fixed, especially since she bought the car less that a week ago...

Anyone else hear of this turn signal thing not working right?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:03 PM

I too had this "problem", but actually I was able to figure out the meaning behind it. It's more confusing than anything but I would imagine they are experiencing the same thing that I am.

It's a pretty cool feature the vehicle has if you know how to use it right. The vehicle has normal turn signals that if you click and engage the lever....it will work. To simply disengage the turn signal you would need to turn the wheel....just like any other vehicle. However, if you are switching lanes or not quite turning but need to use the signal, you can just tap the signal lever up or down and it will engage the blinker for 3 times and shut off on itself.

The purpose of the feature is so you don't have to fully engage turn signals if you're changing lanes. Just tap the lever up or down and the blinker with flash 3 times and shut off on it's own.

Is that clear as mud? lol