Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

'03 Tiburon problem starting. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Default '03 Tiburon problem starting. Help!

A few weeks ago, my car started to take a while to start. I had to pump the gas pedal like 5 times before it started. I replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump and now, pumping the breaks doesn't help at all. It turns over, but doesn't start until the 4th try. What could be the problem? Is there some kind of choke?

Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by micayla11
A few weeks ago, my car started to take a while to start. I had to pump the gas pedal like 5 times before it started. I replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump and now, pumping the breaks doesn't help at all. It turns over, but doesn't start until the 4th try. What could be the problem? Is there some kind of choke?
First, it's "brakes" not "breaks". Brake means to stop; Break means broken.

Second, pumping the brakes does nothing to start the car.

Third, the Tiburon is fuel injected; pumping the gas also does nothing to start the car. That only works on a carbureted car.

Fourth, there is no "choke" on a fuel injected car. Again, that's on a carburetor. Fuel injected cars richen the fuel mixture via the computer and fuel injectors.

Get the computer read first to see if there are any stored codes. Then take it to a real mechanic that can diagnose the problem instead of guessing and just throwing parts at the car.