Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

2001 Tiburon , performance upgrade help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Default 2001 Tiburon , performance upgrade help please

Ok , I am new to this forum and have no experience with these cars what so ever , by looking through a few posts here , there seems to be some very knowlegable people out there regaurding the Tiburon , Here are my questions/problems...

My Girl and I purchased a used 01 Tiburon about a year ago and have started to upgrade what we can when we can... I am having one hell of a time finding parts for it, I want to get a decent CAI , a better Clutch and flywheel , headers , exaust/ catback system , I would love to get a decent turbo but I am sure that will cost me an arm and a leg , Plugs wires , etc etc , Basically anything I can get my hands on that won't get me in trouble with the law ( I am unfortunate enough to live not only in Cali , but the state capital *frowns* ) and that will increase the HP/ performance...

Also, the headlights SUCK , I am not sure if its just how the car is , or if its just our car that has the problem , but I am looking to upgrade the lights to something we can actually see in the dark with.

So with that said , hopefully someone can help me out ..

Thanks

~Rich

Old 02-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Default RE: 2001 Tiburon , performance upgrade help please

patrick, he can help you everything, he helped me (I also have an 01 tiburon)

as for a decent CAI, AEM is the way to go.

Me personally, I wouldnt upgrade your clutch/flywheel unless you have to because that costs a lot( I just did it, my old clutch was literally falling apart but the new one is sweet and increased my hp, torque, and gas milage) but since your heading up the ally you might want to upgrade it.

sharkracing.com
importshark.com
hyundaiperformance.com

all decent websites that can supply the parts that you are looking for and if all else fails,

EBAY!!! i've ordered a lot of my parts there and been very successful so yea. I hope this helps.