Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

6-speep shifting question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Default 6-speep shifting question

I have an 2006 SE with 3000 miles on it. I have never owned a manual transmission for long periods of time and My car seems to not like to go into second gear very easily somtimes. Its not the clutch or clutch peddle I think its in the shifter itself. Only happens under more spirated driving. Maybe somthing needs more lubrication? or could it be somthing else? Like I said Im very new on manuals. I love it and Im not a clutch grinder

Old 04-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Default RE: 6-speep shifting question

I take it you have a tiburon....I have an 03 GT, and had the same issues...from 1st to 2nd is a bit rough. You can take it into the dealer if you would like to see what they will say. But, I bet they will say, "Oh, all Tiburons do this." No they don't, LMAO....since you have a manual tranny, you can change the fluid in your trans to the GM synchromesh full synthetic GL-4 75W-90....look in your owners manual to double check, but it should be a GL-4 for you. It makes the world of difference in shifting the car. I hope this helps.

here is link for you to read up on it...
synthetic Gear Oil

This is the cheaper route if you can find it at your local auto parts store. Part number is in the article.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:19 PM
Default RE: 6-speep shifting question

Yeah I put Royal Purple Synthetic Gear oil and I can tell a big difference! smooth and feels like alittle more power. Almost seems like under faster, higher power and speed shifts that the shifter almost wants to stick in first gear. So is this going to damage anything or is It just the way it is? I dont beat the **** out of my car but I will be running it harder to get it onto freeways and past the occasional dumb honda so I want to make sure this little issue isnt going to put premature stress and wear on my car.