Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Electrical problem with Tiburon

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Default Electrical problem with Tiburon

Hi,

I just recently started having issues with my lights on my Tiburon. The front headlights and taillights turn on by themselves whether the key is in the ignition or not. The lights also go on when the car is running and are set to be turned off. When the lights go on the dash also lights up. The only time the lights seem to be working fine is when i use the high beams.

What could be causing this issue? Is it the BCM? Body Control Module?

I've read a lot of threads about people having issues with their blinker but not with their headlights.

Any help on this?

Thanks

Old 04-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Care to tell us what year Tiburon?

Yes, it could be the BCM which is a common problem with the GK Tib. Hope it's still under warranty cause a new BCM is about $500 for the part alone.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:15 PM

It's a 2003 Tiburon so there is no warranty on it.

Do I have to go through a Hyundai dealership to get the bcm replaced if that is the problem with my car or can I buy a BCM myself and replace it myself?

I called up a dealership and they told me it would cost 800$ plus labor...

I've seen tutorials how to fix the blinker relay but I dont think that is the issue here.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 PM

I bought a used BCM from a 2006 Tiburon. The light problem is gone but the car wont start. When you turn the ignition the starter turns the engine but the car wont start. Im guessing I need to reprogram the BCM... How can this be done? Im guessing they can only do it at the Hyundai dealership?