Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

PAINTED WHEELS? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Default PAINTED WHEELS? HELP!

Hey everyone, I need some opinions!!!!

I own a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT.
I am wanting to paint the current wheels that are on the car. I really like them, but I want to paint them dark blue to match my dark blue tiburon.

Is this a good idea?
I was going to purchase black wheels for it, but heard about this idea and liked it better.

Would it turn out good???

Old 05-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Default RE: PAINTED WHEELS? HELP!

as long as you take them to a decent paint shop. but they may charge you up the ***. you can find wheels that are lighter in wieght that won't cost you more then 300-400, depends on what you want to spend and if you think you may replace the wheels the sometime in the future. if you pay to have your wheels painted and then a yr or two from now you decide you want different wheels, you'll just be throwing money out the door. and if you do paint you wheels blue, and end up replacing them and want to sell your current wheels, its gonna be harder to sell because of the color and won't match every tibby out there.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Default PAINTED WHEELS? HELP!

dude i would not do it i had it done to my tiburon once with the original rims i had them painted white i took it to a professional body shop and the rims only lasted for like 6 months after like a couple of car washes i usualy wash my car once every week the paint started to fade for some reason. I took it back to the paint shop and thy just stated since the rims were alloy the paint does not maintain itself on the alloy for to long especially if im washing my car every week they told me that the pain is not meant to take all the soaps that a car wash puts out especially on the tires becuase car wash places add extra soaps and rust remover soap and other chemical to remove road and brake dust that the cars body does not get. SO eithe way i spent about $300 getting the rims paintd and 6months later had to spend $400 to get new rims i just went with chrome rims. Chrome always looks good not matter what color the car is.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:09 PM

Okay thanks a lot for your opinions. I already had made the appt. for this wednesday so i guess it's good i waited. I just really wanted the rims to match my car, but I've called several places and they keep telling me it is not a good idea. I guess I'll just look for some chrome or black rims because I cant find any dark blue rims anywhere. . not even chrome and dark blue or black and dark blue together.

Anyone know where I may find some?

Thanks!!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 AM

here isa set i found, the offset is a little more aggressive, so that is something you may want to check, but in the description it says 03+ tiburon, and i'm not sure if this blue will match your blue tibby. but check em out,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-AD...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 05-20-2008, 08:15 AM

here goes some nice rims that are blue and fit up to 2007 hyundai