Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Rearview Mirror Blocking Front View - pictures added

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Default Rearview Mirror Blocking Front View - pictures added

Hi there,

Just became the proud owner of a beautiful 2005 Coupe/Tiburon and enjoying already every part of it. There is however one thing that I find extremely annoying (even dangerous) and that is the visibility from the drivers seat when looking in front-right direction due to the rearview mirror which is blocking my view.

Even with the seat in the lowest position (I'm 1.83m /6 feet tall) I can't even see where I'm going -especially in right turns- without having to lower my head or move it a lot more to the right.

Currently I'm looking into the possibilities of replacing my rearview mirror with one that is smaller and -preferably- installed at a higher location also.

If anyone has tried this yet, any advise is more than welcome!

Greetz from Amsterdam - The Netherlands,
Corgan

Update 27 August 2006:

After driving my car for almost a week now I am getting a little bit more used to it, I just move my head a lot to look around it.

I've had my seat in the lowest and tilted backwards position all the time already. Further adjustments either increase the distance to the wheel or decrease the distance to the pedals, which -to me- both decrease the comfort of driving position. But like I said, maybe it just takes a little longer to get used to. Or maybe I was just spoiled by my previous Hondas...

For those who are interested I've inserted two pictures of my forward view. The first one is from my eye-reference point, the second one is taken 30cm / 12 inches lower.

My mirror is an original one and measures 27 by 7 cm (10.6 by 2.8 inches).

As you can see a lot of vision is blocked which, in my opinion, can be tricky when driving slight curves to the right or approaching crossroads. Does this sound/look familiar to you?

By the way, I do think my 'little complaint' might be more prominent in the area where I'm driving (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) with all our tight roads and millions of cyclists. Got to have eyes in the back of your head and even on both sides so good vision in all directions is a must ;-)

Anyway, any advise on replacing a rearview mirror is still very welcome. Meanwhile, I keep on enjoying my speedmachine. Because I really do very much more and more!

You enjoy yours and happy driving.

Greetz,
Corgan