Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Today I bought a Tiburon!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Default Today I bought a Tiburon!!!!

I'm so excited!!!! Within a few days I'll have my black Tiburon!!! I hated the process of going back and forth about the price, but feel so relieved now that it's DONE. At the SIGNING they sprung a few optional packages upon us, like the SIMONIZ 5-year Teflon coating guarantee. After watching the vidoe clip, we decided to get it...at an addtional cost of 500.00. We're we naive? Does anyone else have this coating? Please send me some info, I'd really appreciate any advice (even thought I know it's too late to do anyting about it). Please help me feel better about this expensive option!!!!

Old 06-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Default RE: Today I bought a Tiburon!!!!

Well after about 6 hours of research about Simoniz System 5, I'm 100% certain it's a money-making gimmick that car dealers offer. After reading numerous testimonies, I've learned the base price of the product itself is around $30.00!!! I also found out the 5-year warranty involves an annual re-application!!! More Money!!! I didn't find ONE positive, convincing, reassuring statement about it...except, of course, from Simoniz's website! This same, lame option has been going on for years too!!

I suppose I got lucky because my new Tiburon hasn't even been delievered to the dealership yet. I called the sales manager today, at home (thank you Yahoo!) and told him that I don't want Simoniz!!! He said "no problem" (I'm still nervous) "we'll subtract it from the final price".

I wish I was informed of this Simoniz ripoff before going in there. Well, you live and you learn so I'm passing this on to others. Just say "no".

Old 06-17-2006, 08:50 PM

Hi Mia Savannah, congrats on the new car

Today at the gas-station I also saw commercials for all those car products and Simoniz was one of them, when I read what you wrote about it here I had to smile.... Typical they spring those things on you at the very last moment - when you're all excited about buying a car, in your mind the negotiation is over and you may even be a little off-guard....

You're lucky in the USA you can buy new cars.... Here the youngest I would buy is 4 !! Which I got 2 days back on a Friday. I went to see it and test drive the weekend before and told the dealer I'd make a decision and let him know during the week, of course I knew the answer before I finished the test-drive.... But wanted to keep some suspence for negotiating...

By the options you mentioned I assume yours is a 2.7 liter engine - isn't it one fantastic machine ? If Hyundai turns out to be as reliable as my old Toyota was, I'm never buying anything else again.....

Please post some pics of the car when you have it !!!!!

Old 08-18-2006, 12:40 AM

Well i worked at a dealership via bodyshop thru 1st year of college a they never did it but would tell customer they had, if get would def double check the work.