Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

V6 mpg? What should I really expect?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Default V6 mpg? What should I really expect?

Hi folks. I'm new.
I currently drive a Honda, but I am considering the purchase of an '05 GT or SE.

Since EPA estimates are never very accurate... What kind of mileage do these cars really get? Specifically on the highway, since that is really where I have a baseline to compare to my current ride.

And any thoughts on around-town mileage would also be appreciated.

MPG is not a huge factor in my decision to buy, but it does factor in some.

thanks

Old 07-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Default RE: V6 mpg? What should I really expect?

Go for the SE's. They're closer to the european and korean models than you know. They pick up and go and are ideal as a starter model to work with. If I can remember the mag, they said that they are the best for your buck weather you decide to keep it stoc or do upgrades. They work great on highway runs. They're not fast off the line but that can be easily fixed with some computer work. Once they catch, you better look out. Overall a great car...and if your area is anything like this area, everyone and their extended family has a honda.

Old 04-29-2006, 03:54 PM

well my 03 gt gets about 20mpg

Old 05-02-2006, 02:34 AM

I have a 2006 SE and I love it! Unfortunately the clutch engagement and the overall feel is sometimes not precise under harder driving but its not that bad. New bushings and a short throw will help it out and later maybe a better clutch and flywheel. Car gets ok gas mileage but its nothing to throw a party over. In the hyundai manual it explains how to maximize miles per gallon and it does work, its just you'll be shifting soon and often and its hard to keep up with traffic sometimes. The V6 has great torque but Ive noticed high end is alittle weak. I changed my engine oil and my gear oil to royal purple synthetic and that opened it up due to much less friction among parts. Smoother, and alittle more Hp I can feel plus protects parts much better. Denso Iridium plugs and wires and AEM cold air intake gave it more high end power and a more linear powerband. You'll love the way the car feels and drives. definetly go for The high end SE model. Its not really fast to begin with but the car and engine feels awsome and has true potential to make very fast. Everybody has honda's, but still dont see a whole lot of Newer Tiburons driving around. The SE model is still pretty rare. Go for the car you'll be more than ok with it. Oh yeah and the new stock exhaust system sounds pretty good. Works great with cold air intake. My car sounds like a warrior.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:41 PM

i get 24mpg city and 29 highway in my 03 6-speed GT. It will vary greatly on your driving style.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:16 AM

My '06 GT (V-6, Auto) just got 32 mpg going to Buffalo and back (700 miles).... I get 22-23 around town