Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

2017 Tucson No Uphill Acceleration/Power.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2024 | 10:52 AM
|
Default 2017 Tucson No Uphill Acceleration/Power.

Hello,
2017 Tucson 102,800 miles. I've had since new. Been a pretty much maintenance free car until this year. I'm hoping someone will chime in here and provide some direction before I take the car to the stealership.

1. At 101,000 miles the first check engine light illuminated, and the car began running rough. Got it back to my shop and pulled a PO301 code, engine misfire #1 cylinder.
With that many miles I opted to replace the spark plugs and the coils. I then cleared the code, and the car was running great until yesterday.

2. At 102,800 miles the car started to exhibit no power especially going up hills, merging onto the freeway or when passing. The RPM would climb to 5000 rpm @ 60mph and stay there until I release the gas petal. It seems like the car would not shift to a higher gear. (Automatic). Getting the car back to the shop, I pulled another PO301 code. I replaced the coil (Warranty), checked the spark plug and reinstalled. I then cleared the code and took the car out for a test. There is still a lack of power climbing hills or merging onto the freeway. No codes were set this time.

Has anyone experienced this type of problem and what was done to rectify it?

FYI: This engine burns one quart of oil every 1200 miles. There are no leaks and there is no smoke.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff K.

Old 09-30-2024 | 10:30 AM

yes, I have the identical situation you've just described other than I'm not having severe problems going uphill, but car does seem to stutter when starting out even on a small hill.

I also had check engine light for misfire and cylinder number two and had to replace the plugs and coils twice in the last 10 months. After doing that, the check engine light would go off, but I'm not getting a lot of power especially when I first start driving the car. I'm not getting any codes.

I also have the same issue losing oil every month with no smoke or leaks.

I have 103,000 miles on my 2017 Tucson so I'm also be interested in a solution or recommendation on what to do too.

Thanks!

Kevin

Originally Posted by RadioJocky
Hello,
2017 Tucson 102,800 miles. I've had since new. Been a pretty much maintenance free car until this year. I'm hoping someone will chime in here and provide some direction before I take the car to the stealership.

1. At 101,000 miles the first check engine light illuminated, and the car began running rough. Got it back to my shop and pulled a PO301 code, engine misfire #1 cylinder.
With that many miles I opted to replace the spark plugs and the coils. I then cleared the code, and the car was running great until yesterday.

2. At 102,800 miles the car started to exhibit no power especially going up hills, merging onto the freeway or when passing. The RPM would climb to 5000 rpm @ 60mph and stay there until I release the gas petal. It seems like the car would not shift to a higher gear. (Automatic). Getting the car back to the shop, I pulled another PO301 code. I replaced the coil (Warranty), checked the spark plug and reinstalled. I then cleared the code and took the car out for a test. There is still a lack of power climbing hills or merging onto the freeway. No codes were set this time.

Has anyone experienced this type of problem and what was done to rectify it?

FYI: This engine burns one quart of oil every 1200 miles. There are no leaks and there is no smoke.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff K.