Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

P2563 - Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020 | 10:36 AM
|
Default P2563 - Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor?

I have a P2563 code in my 2015 Tucson (engine CRDi 16V, 2.0 136bhp).

The symptoms are low power, max 2,800 rpm and the yellow engine warning sign on the dashboard.

A possible cause could be the Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor but I am not an expert and cannot say WHERE it is so I could check voltages etc.

Could any good soul give me a hand, please?

Thanks!
Alex.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Hyundai
============1==============
P2563
Raw code: 2563
ECU: Engine control unit
OBDII: Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor - range/performance problem
============2==============
P2563(00)
Raw code: 256300
Status: Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, Warning indicator requested
OBDII: Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor - range/performance problem
============3==============
P0524(00)
Raw code: 052400
ECU: Engine control unit[Archive (inactive)]
OBDII: Engine oil pressure too low
============4==============
P0684(00)
Raw code: 068400
OBDII: Glow plug control module to ECM/PCM communication error - range/performance problem
============5==============
P2563(00)
Status: Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, Warning indicator requested

Old 12-09-2020 | 11:26 AM

From looking at the codes you posted, vehicle might have a power or ground problem.

Suggest you start by checking all the fuses, which could produce a problem with some sensors not working properly.
If you find nothing there , then would be a good idea to confirm ground connections are good

There are a few unrelated problems and questionable ground connections come into the picture..

Old 12-09-2020 | 12:07 PM
|

Originally Posted by hanky
From looking at the codes you posted, vehicle might have a power or ground problem.

Suggest you start by checking all the fuses, which could produce a problem with some sensors not working properly.
If you find nothing there , then would be a good idea to confirm ground connections are good

There are a few unrelated problems and questionable ground connections come into the picture..
Many thanks! Will do it!

Old 02-15-2022 | 07:03 AM
Default Hi

Originally Posted by AlexTucson
I have a P2563 code in my 2015 Tucson (engine CRDi 16V, 2.0 136bhp).

The symptoms are low power, max 2,800 rpm and the yellow engine warning sign on the dashboard.

A possible cause could be the Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor but I am not an expert and cannot say WHERE it is so I could check voltages etc.

Could any good soul give me a hand, please?

Thanks!
Alex.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Hyundai
============1==============
P2563
Raw code: 2563
============2==============
P2563(00)
============3==============
P0524(00)
Raw code: 052400
OBDII: Engine oil pressure too low
============4==============
P0684(00)
Raw code: 068400
OBDII: Glow plug control module to ECM/PCM communication error - range/performance problem
============5==============
P2563(00)
Did you manage to fix this. I've just got the same problem with mine. 2016 2.0 136hp diesel. I can't find any info on it. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2022 | 10:53 AM

Looking closely at the description of "range performance problem is appearing in more than one system. This tells us to look at what the two systems having a problem share or have in common. A good place to start might be with the power or grounds that these two systems appear to share.

Old 02-15-2022 | 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Looking closely at the description of "range performance problem is appearing in more than one system. This tells us to look at what the two systems having a problem share or have in common. A good place to start might be with the power or grounds that these two systems appear to share.
Thanks fir getting back to me. I'll get thst look into.