Hyundai XG 350 The mid-sized luxury model

Airbag, electrical and Gear shifting Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Default Airbag, electrical and Gear shifting Issues

Greetings all, I just joined today. Amfrustrated as my 2003 XG350L has turned on me since passing the 100K mile mark. Still looks like new, I get routine oil changes, etc. but now the airbag light won't go out;it stays stuck in 1st gear and my radio/cd player has a mind of its own. (it turns on and off by itself. (before you ask...no I don't see dead people)

I've been told the followingbut not sure if I'm being taken or not since I am mechanically inept.

1) Airbag - was told the "airbag computer sensor that needs to be replaced" cost=$800.00 for part (labor and tax, fees) extra

2) Gear shifting problem - was told it is either the transmisionsolenoid or I need a new transmission - I didn't stick around - heard transmission and went running out of the door, hair on end. Ifthe part for an airbag is $800.00 transmission issues will be well into the thousand dollar range.

3) The radio/cd player problem - was told my electrical system needs an "overhaul" whatever that means (and I just thought I had a ciruit short somewhere)

Any recommendations of things I need to try before going into debt replacing unnecessary parts?

Thanks in advance for your responses.