Hyundai XG 350 The mid-sized luxury model

No more pre-setting after battery change. Help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 03:06 AM
Default No more pre-setting after battery change. Help !!!

Hello, after changing the battery on my XG 350 2005, I no longer have the functional remote control, the electrical settings of the driver's seat, the setting of the electric steering wheel, the mirrors electric and the window always driver side do not work . The passenger seat settings work, all windows of the car also work (except driver side). I manually close the doors one by one and open them with the key from my door but nothing happens on the remote control when I press it, the turn signals are activated when I press the button to open the remote but nothing is happening. I took my car to a Hyundai dealership to be pampered but he never had this failure (nor this car, the XG 350 has been sold very little in France). I checked the fuses (engine and under the steering wheel) as well as the relays (the dealer too). I have the impression that the car has lost the presets. While waiting for the dealer to ask Hyundai France, have you seen or already seen this failure and if so, how to troubleshoot. If you need additional information, do not hesitate to ask me.

Thank you in advance for your help. Good day everyone.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:21 PM

I have never seen such a failure.
But, have heard when changing the battery of such horror stories
One person just took off the battery cables again and waited ten minutes and reconnected the battery
Fist time was negative first then the positive post
Second time was the positive first and then the negative post
He said it worked but nothing in that makes any sense to me.

Old 09-04-2019, 04:00 AM

Thanks for your return.
I'm waiting for Hundai France's answer to my dealer ... if one day it arrives
To be more precise in my description of the problem, I found that my remote no longer worked just after putting a battery booster to temporarily recharge the old battery so that I can get a new battery. I do not think this is anything that is damaged in the programming of the car but you never know ...

Old 09-10-2019, 03:31 PM

Hello, I still have no information about my failure from Hyundai France. I seriously start to worry ... Still no info to communicate to me?

Old 09-13-2019, 02:57 PM
Default New to Hyundai

Sorry for your problem. I hope it is common with a simple fix. Whether it is from advise here or from the dealer or any other forum please let us know what caused the problem (any do's & don'ts), if you fixed it (or didn't) and how you fixed it (parts and procedures) so we can all benefit from it. Thanx and Good Luck

Old 09-14-2019, 05:06 AM

Hello, still no solution for my problem. Hyundai France must contact Hyundai germany for europe) who must contact Hyundai Korea to contact Hyundai America. That's the answer I got from my Hyundai Bordeaux dealership. I have to do a diagnostic next week ...

Old 09-14-2019, 08:40 AM

Usually when presets are lost , they have to be reset/enabled with a capable scan tool.
If possible, try another Hyundai dealer service dept. Not all dealership techs get the necessary training and another dealership may just have a tech with the tool and training to reset the lost features.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:14 PM

On some models, there is an ETAC which can be switch to programming and the FOB remote keys depressed to program it.
But, don't know about your vehicle.
Sorry.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:44 PM

Hello, problem solved (in part). The driver's door switch is out of order. Hyundai diagnosed the problem. I just bought the used order in Germany and I installed it. Everything works, the windows, the remote control, the mirrors ... except the seat and the steering wheel adjustment control. I think either the replacement case is not designed for these options or I have another problem. In any case, I solved the closing by the remote control of my doors. To be continued in the next episode. Good night ;-)